Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maher on the news media.

Maher on the news media.

Not sure if this really belongs in the politics section or not since he's not really going after a particular political party but the news media in general. Also feel like DESTROYS might be a bit of a strong word for what he does.

edit: the more I think about it the more I do believe this belongs in the politics subsection. Feel free to move it.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 05-11-2024 at 08:28 AM.

Don't confuse Maher as some profit of central-izm or common sense he is a poster child for the mental disorder called liberalism.

His current views are because his party is so wack he sees them loosing colors and generations of people. (Or he notices the success of conservitive media and is shifting a bit so as to stay relevant)

It is a sign of the future of progressives when he is the voice of reason for them

I've never thought of him as anything else other than other than a liberal. He's made it perfectly clear who he's voting for and who he has been voting for.

But at least he has the balls to call out the absolute wackadoodle side of the left as well as problems with our current mainstream media.

I think you're both right.
    He's an arch Leftist...but the last few years of Democratic pandering has him worried that he'll be put against the wall too.
    And he's not wrong.
    Worse, the same sort of thing, though to a much lesser degree and without the decades of ideological unity(and media complicity) is happening on the Right.
    The Dems have a tiger by the tail after endorsing and supporting various Sturmabteilung groups for decades, and now those have all painted themselves into a corner from which violence looks like the only solution to black/trans/climate/feminist/Trump Genocide.
    More and more on the Right have decided that violence looks like a delicious solution to years of lunatic leftism and violence.

It's the recipe for a rerun of "Bleeding Kansas", only in 50 states instead of 2.

Site Supporter
    He is a gun owner. Says he doesn't like guns but sees and understands the need for self-defense. Also, as had progun folks get in the face of gun haters. Works for me.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I suppose the only thing I can add is that he’s very, very late to the bandwagon. I know plenty of people who were saying that same exact thing about media, headlines, verbiage, profit and bias well over a decade ago, and some who were in years before that.

Welcome to the club, lefty dude.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I suppose the only thing I can add is that he’s very, very late to the bandwagon. I know plenty of people who were saying that same exact thing about media, headlines, verbiage, profit and bias well over a decade ago, and some who were in years before that.

Welcome to the club, lefty dude.
    Yeah.

Jon Stewart, who is absolutely a liberal probably further to the left than Maher, has had absolutely nothing good to say about the news organizations, mainstream media for many many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    He is a gun owner. Says he doesn't like guns but sees and understands the need for self-defense. Also, as had progun folks get in the face of gun haters. Works for me.
    A gun owner in NY where all connected or celeb libs get permits but not folks who can't afford security. Don't think that makes him a strict constitutionalist.

Gun debates sell just like abortion

He interviewed Steve Bannon.

Lots of independent voters like his approach. Personally I don't watch his show because I find him boring, but I watched that one.

I guess he didn't like what Ye had to say and wouldn't air that one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Maher is in California. Also depending on county, while it is pain to go through, many regular people have permits. I was surprised that I met so many. For instance, had to see a doc and mentioned I shot matches, said doc said that she had a permit. My realtor, developer, two other docs where gun folks. A good number of gun stores chocked full of guns. When I took my permit class - it must have had 50 folks in it for the lectures.

Yes, near NYC is a royal pain but Bruen lightened it up a bit. However, we are waiting for the true blood Conservative gods of Scotus to actually do something on our lawsuits.

Maher has a good take on the woke world that has ruined the reasonable left side of the political spectrum, just as the nuts of the right ruined reasonable conservatism.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List