Have we done a beer thread?
    There's never too many beer threads ! Thanks for bringing this up

What beers do you like ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post

What beers do you like ?
    I like this one of yours pretty good...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post

What beers do you like ?
    Had to move to my computer because typing with my phone would take too long I am a big fan of lighter german or belgian beers. "Hefeweizen" is never a bad choice for me if I am looking to enjoy a light beer with good taste/alcohol volume. I have been dabbling in a local St. Louis beer Schlafly and their hefeweizen. I also really enjoy a dark/tasty/strong stout. I really dig the ones that have chocolate and coffee after tastes. It is kind of a hobby of mine to try out local breweries and their types of beer so I can continue the list.

@RoyGBiv - looks like they raise 'em tough and smart down in Texas !

BT, post up that chocolate coffee beer you had the other night.

ETA: This is one of my local favorites... http://orangeblossombrewing.com
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-19-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  54.2 KB

Cycled this in with some oatmeal stouts. Really tasty.

I'm a huge belgian and german beer fan. My favorite summer beer is a saison, which is unfortunately of limited supply/selection.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Had to move to my computer because typing with my phone would take too long I am a big fan of lighter german or belgian beers. "Hefeweizen" is never a bad choice for me if I am looking to enjoy a light beer with good taste/alcohol volume. I have been dabbling in a local St. Louis beer Schlafly and their hefeweizen. I also really enjoy a dark/tasty/strong stout. I really dig the ones that have chocolate and coffee after tastes. It is kind of a hobby of mine to try out local breweries and their types of beer so I can continue the list.
    I got burned out on the high IBU hop bombs. My favorites now are German style beers. Dopplebocks are a favorite - maybe a little heavy in the summer months, though. I do like hefeweizens. And Kostritzer Schwarzbier is a nice lighter bodied dark beer that I've found excellent. Its a nice beer in the warmer months too.

Site Supporter
    Lots of good options for craft beer around where I live.

In warmer weather I prefer something more hoppy like a good IPA. Pale ales I like pretty much all year round, along with a good amber. I occasionally like a stout. My wife prefers lighter Belgian style ales.

Breweries I like include Sweetwater, Jekyl, Wild Heaven, Monday Night, Stone, Sierra Nevada, and actually several others.

I had a good dark beer in Germany a few years back that was brewed at the hotel I was staying in. You had to ask for it specifically. "Ein weizen dunkel bitte", and they knew which one you wanted.

A good friend also brews at home and has become very good at it.

One thing for sure is that once you start acquiring the taste for good beer it's impossible to go back to the cheap stuff.

User Tag List