Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixed sights and Red dots

My Sig MCX setup ...

Name:  Sig MCX.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  72.7 KB

My Sig is setup to co-witness in the lower third of my red dot. The sights fold down and I leave the front sight up and the rear folded. The red dot appears right on top of the front sight post. The Sig also has a LaserMaster and all three line up at 25 yards with the laser just under the red dot. Since the red dot is on top and the laser on the rail below this seems about right to me.

With the red dot off (or inoperable) the front can be ghost ringed using the optic, or I can flip up the rear sight and get a good sight picture through the lower third of the optic. I also have a streamlight on a short rail on the left side.

Name:  Sig Tripod.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  65.5 KB

Another rail on the forearm allows the Sig to be mounted on any one of my Manfrotto tripods with a Pickatinny to camera mount adaptor I built. The tripod has a hydraulic ball head that can be finely adjusted to hold the weapon rock solid, or released just enough to allow movement of the weapon for precision aiming yet holding it's position when released. A Really Right Stuff™ quick release clamp releases the weapon in an instant for offhand use.

Digiroc
    Last edited by Digiroc; 07-24-2016 at 07:18 AM.

User Tag List