Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CZ Custom Shadow VS Wilson 92G

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I understand it, with the WC trigger bar, DA and SA should release from the same spot.
    That sounds about perfect to me.

As I understand it, with the WC trigger bar, DA and SA should release from the same spot.
    Yeah, I guess I liked it more in theory than I do in practice for some reason. I've never really liked DA triggers that break almost all the way back at the frame.

Nonetheless I'll give it some more dry fire trips to see if my opinion changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Yeah, I guess I liked it more in theory than I do in practice for some reason. I've never really liked DA triggers that break almost all the way back at the frame.

Nonetheless I'll give it some more dry fire trips to see if my opinion changes.

The last two triggers Bucket did using the WC trigger bar, in a Brig Tac and Compact, are CZ Shadow quality.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I use that one a few times... The machining on the Sphinx is nice...
    I would not recommend a Sphinx to anyone. A friend bought one and had to send it back for repairs twice in three months. First time, they replaced the barrel because it was out of specs. The second, the firing pin had broken after 500 rounds. As far as Switzerland goes, I am sticking to chocolate.
    Last edited by LostDuke; 07-24-2016 at 11:52 PM.

I'm selling these for half the price of a WC trigger job. I like to call these my Universal Trigger Job because once you can close it with only your trigger finger and the thumb it makes every trigger feel the same.

"There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

The last two triggers Bucket did using the WC trigger bar, in a Brig Tac and Compact, are CZ Shadow quality.

I suspect the fine tactile sensitivity in your trigger finger has been quashed by all that Glock and HK DA/SA trigger pressing. Just about anything'll feel "shadow quality" after that.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I suspect the fine tactile sensitivity in your trigger finger has been quashed by all that Glock and HK DA/SA trigger pressing. Just about anything'll feel "shadow quality" after that.

Actually, no kidding, you are correct (for once) on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    CZ's are a different beast entirely. Matt Mink's CZ triggers jobs are pretty much sex. Those SRT triggers take ... hurrrrrr ... just the tiniest bit of release to trip the disco... So light...

How do they hold up for the long haul? Like shit. The CZ design is just different. The tiny part just wear quickly. Too quickly.
    Just for clarity, the "they" here refers to CZs with Matt's trigger job? And by tiny part you mean... the sear?
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Just for clarity, the "they" here refers to CZs with Matt's trigger job? And by tiny part you mean... the sear?
    Yes. CZ triggers haven't held up nearly as well for me as a Beretta trigger. They are fantastic triggers when they work, though.

The tiny part is indeed the sear. The hammers are usually soft too - hammers tended to go bad before the sears did.

At risk of inciting a holy war here: I loved the CZ trigger. I loved the steel frame and the generous magwell. They tended to be accurate pistols. Finally, the company REALLY gives a shit about USPSA/IPSC/etc and the gunsmiths that work on them (Matt Mink is the best IMHO) are some of the nicest people on the face of the planet.

At the end of the day, I just had too many issues with the guns too often.

You just needed five Shadows, not two.

User Tag List