Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CZ Custom Shadow VS Wilson 92G

I have used CZ Custom's CZ 75/85/SP01 Trigger Return Spring (TRS).
    These newly re-designed spring have been made from a better grade of spring steel heat treated & tested to excess of 20,000 dry fires without breakage.
    When installing, i noticed a significant increase amount in the spring stiffness...much stouter. Hope this helps while waiting for the Cajun Gun Works kit upgrade.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I was indeed thinking about Olhasso. But you say Wilson's guy and parts do better. Hmm.
    Disclaimer: I hope what I'm about to say isn't heresy on this site; I don't know WC's reputation here and don't intend to be toe-stepping. I appreciate the exposure Wilson has brought to Beretta and the new blood being injected into the 92 lines in part because of his prodding. I own and use a few WC parts in my 92's. All that said...

I've tested two Brig Tacs with WC trigger jobs. They may be considered 'good,' but my personal LTT pistol's trigger (probably 10 years old) is several orders of magnitude better than either of them. Frankly the WC jobs didn't feel much if any better than a stock 92FS or G trigger with a D spring installed, and were notably worse than a stock 92D trigger which is smooth as glass due to the lack of a sear in the works. I was so underwhelmed with the Wilson jobs that I'm not even sure I faked being impressed good enough to fool the owners who had spent their hard-earned money on them. I hope they were done on Friday afternoons and not representative of the breed. I would suggest getting ahold of a 92 with WC job and trying it out for yourself before spending your $$ if at all possible...and compare it to a simple D spring swap to see if it's worth the squeeze.

The only Beretta trigger I've felt that surpassed mine is the one on EL's personal gun he brought to the class I attended last August. And the difference wasn't much. After trying mine, he said the difference was probably the WC transfer bar that he had on his; mine was done long before those came out. Aside from that pistol, I've never felt a Beretta trigger that approached the quality of the one in my gun.

I have not had the pleasure of testing an Olhasso job, but have heard good things about them.

I'm not sure people who haven't felt an LTT trigger job from the days of yore even have a concept of how good a 92 trigger can be made to feel.

PS - Since this is a CZ vs Beretta thread, I will say that I've never owned a CZ but the massaged triggers on several of those I've felt are among the best DA triggers of any type I've ever felt. Must be something about the design, but my memory is of no perceptible stacking on the DA pull at all. I've been fighting the urge to buy a nice CZ and try it out for a year in IDPA for awhile now. Mainly I'm afraid I wouldn't come back to my Berettas which I dearly love.
    Last edited by Welder; 07-24-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Disclaimer: I hope what I'm about to say isn't heresy on this site; I don't know WC's reputation here and don't intend to be toe-stepping. I appreciate the exposure Wilson has brought to Beretta and the new blood being injected into the 92 lines in part because of his prodding. I own and use a few WC parts in my 92's. All that said...

I've tested two Brig Tacs with WC trigger jobs. They may be considered 'good,' but my personal LTT pistol's trigger (probably 10 years old) is several orders of magnitude better than either of them. Frankly the WC jobs didn't feel much if any better than a stock 92FS or G trigger with a D spring installed, and were notably worse than a stock 92D trigger which is smooth as glass due to the lack of a sear in the works. I was so underwhelmed with the Wilson jobs that I'm not even sure I faked being impressed good enough to fool the owners who had spent their hard-earned money on them. I hope they were done on Friday afternoons and not representative of the breed. I would suggest getting ahold of a 92 with WC job and trying it out for yourself before spending your $$ if at all possible...and compare it to a simple D spring swap to see if it's worth the squeeze.

The only Beretta trigger I've felt that surpassed mine is the one on EL's personal gun he brought to the class I attended last August. And the difference wasn't much. After trying mine, he said the difference was probably the WC transfer bar that he had on his; mine was done long before those came out. Aside from that pistol, I've never felt a Beretta trigger that approached the quality of the one in my gun.

I have not had the pleasure of testing an Olhasso job, but have heard good things about them.

I'm not sure people who haven't felt an LTT trigger job from the days of yore even have a concept of how good a 92 trigger can be made to feel.

PS - Since this is a CZ vs Beretta thread, I will say that I've never owned a CZ but the massaged triggers on several of those I've felt are among the best DA triggers of any type I've ever felt. Must be something about the design, but my memory is of no perceptible stacking on the DA pull at all. I've been fighting the urge to buy a nice CZ and try it out for a year in IDPA for awhile now. Mainly I'm afraid I wouldn't come back to my Berettas which I dearly love.
    There is the Beretta USA trigger job that people can waste money when buying a WC BrigTac directly from Beretta/or the store/or online. Those aren't WC trigger jobs.
    If they got a crappy trigger job truly from WC, that really sucks.

There is a specific thing to ask for when getting a WC trigger job: "I want Bucket to do 'the Cody trigger job' using a WC Trigger bar."

I like my EL trigger, I made GM on that Elite. But, sadly, the trigger bar is now ruined from lots of use.
    I like my Olhasso trigger too, but it too is ruined because the trigger bar is worn out - and because I forgot the fucking frame in simple green for a few days.

Anyway, those were the days before we had WC trigger bars.

CZ's are a different beast entirely. Matt Mink's CZ triggers jobs are pretty much sex. Those SRT triggers take ... hurrrrrr ... just the tiniest bit of release to trip the disco... So light...

How do they hold up for the long haul? Like shit. The CZ design is just different. The tiny part just wear quickly. Too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

There is a specific thing to ask for when getting a WC trigger job: "I want Bucket to do 'the Cody trigger job' using a WC Trigger bar."
    These are the exact words. And, if you are not getting a WC trigger bar as part of the trigger job, it isn't the same thing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

On the shitty trigger in the Wilson gun, it's possible that he got one of the few they sent out with the standard hammer spring. Certainly sounds like it if it's not even better than a G with a D spring.

Also, I thought Bill Wilson himself had stated that WC was performing the action tune but I'll have to look back and find it.

There were some considerations early on, that could have influenced what folks got. The WC trigger bar wasn't available early on. Even when it was available, it wasn't always initially recommended by their phone people, Bill was experimenting with different springs, and Bucket has really gotten spooled up on making excellent triggers. However, these days, they have really cracked the code on 92 triggers.

I fit the WC trigger bar, but wasn't initially enamored with it. I'd be willing to give it another shot, but I find it annoying that it moves the DA break further back. I assume this doesn't bother anyone else or did I somehow not fit it correctly?

Site Supporter
    Never heard of a BUSA trigger job. These were Brig Tacs ordered through WC that the owners waited extra time and paid extra for a trigger job on. Not sure on whether they had the xfer bars or not. Hopefully not from what you're saying.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I fit the WC trigger bar, but wasn't initially enamored with it. I'd be willing to give it another shot, but I find it annoying that it moves the DA break further back. I assume this doesn't bother anyone else or did I somehow not fit it correctly?
    I thought the whole point was increased hammer travel arc in order to ensure reliable ignition with lighter springs. In that case I wouldn't be surprised if the DA break was a little farther back. However, I haven't personally installed one so can't be sure. One thing I know will make the breaks farther back is use of a SRT (just in case you installed one at the same time as the xfer bar).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    As I understand it, with the WC trigger bar, DA and SA should release from the same spot.

User Tag List