Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Forgot to add, the recoil spring feels like a standard 16 pound spring.
    Thanks...and again, really nice looking pistol
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks for the write up; I'm a fan of the valor but didn't know about duty treat; it sounds interesting. I carry a CCO a lot in the summer, and while I like my Wilson better it sure ain't $2500 better.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Forgot to add, the recoil spring feels like a standard 16 pound spring.
    DW uses 18.5 pound recoil springs in their 5" .45's.

I think DW is the the best 1911 out there for the money...I'm embarrassed to say how many I've owned.

I have an Ed Brown bobtail commander also, and while it's certainly a nice gun, I don't think it's $1000 nicer than a Dan Wesson VBOB.
    Last edited by TC215; 07-15-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Thanks for the write up; I'm a fan of the valor but didn't know about duty treat; it sounds interesting. I carry a CCO a lot in the summer, and while I like my Wilson better it sure ain't $2500 better.
    I'm thinking pretty hard on a Valkyrie Commander as a carry gun.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    DW uses 18.5 pound recoil springs in their 5" .45's.

I think DW is the the best 1911 out there for the money...I'm embarrassed to say how many I've owned.

I have an Ed Brown bobtail commander also, and while it's certainly a nice gun, I don't think it's $1000 nicer than a Dan Wesson VBOB.
    Thanks for the spring info, I did a search and couldn't track that down.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I'm thinking pretty hard on a Valkyrie Commander as a carry gun.
    I've been carrying one on duty since they were released. I'm happy with it, but I did have DW change the slide release and thumb safety to their wide versions like on the Valors and Guardians. I didn't like the slim versions that it came with.

I just put a black 9mm Valor on my Christmas list.

One thing I really like about the black Valor is that the finish isn't a paint and bake like some of the other high end companies are doing.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    A spray and bake finish can be a very durable, corrosion resistant finish if it is applied over parkerizing rather than over bare metal. Parkerizing was originally a base, not a complete finish. It enhances the adherence of the finish applied on top of it. Spray and bake polymers are very corrosion resistant, but do not adhere well on their own. Apply the spray and bake polymer over a parkerized base, and you have an ideal finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A spray and bake finish can be a very durable, corrosion resistant finish if it is applied over parkerizing rather than over bare metal. Parkerizing was originally a base, not a complete finish. It enhances the adherence of the finish applied on top of it. Spray and bake polymers are very corrosion resistant, but do not adhere well on their own. Apply the spray and bake polymer over a parkerized base, and you have an ideal finish.
    The parkerizing may help but the durability is still not there for me.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I've been carrying one on duty since they were released. I'm happy with it, but I did have DW change the slide release and thumb safety to their wide versions like on the Valors and Guardians. I didn't like the slim versions that it came with.
    I really, really like the 9mm Valkyrie Commander that DW sent me for testing. I liked it so much that I'm stalling on sending it back to them while I try to scam up the cash to buy it outright, because it is a fantastic carry gun.

User Tag List