Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don’t forget to check your six.

Don’t forget to check your six.

This is from an email making its rounds among CBP.

Good morning,

The DSEMIIC received the below information yesterday regarding a suspicious subject that approached a Border Patrol Agent at a Detroit gas station:

(U//LES) Today (7/11/16) at 9:10 a.m. an on duty Detroit Station agent was approached by a suspicious subject and asked if he was a cop.

(U//LES) The agent was in a marked patrol vehicle and in full uniform. The agent stopped at the Mobile gas station at 14820 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48215. The subject approached the agent as he was refueling his patrol vehicle and casually asked him if he was a cop. The agent said no that he was a Border Patrol Agent. The subject asked again if he was a cop.

(U//LES) The agent asked the subject if he had a problem that required assistance. The subject said no, not with you and walked away to the apartments behind the gas station without further incident. The subject was described as 5'6" or 5'7", 20-25 years old, black male, medium build, medium complexion, shaved sides of head with longer hair on top, clean shaven, wearing black shirt with white letters and gray sweat pants.

(U//LES) It appears in the picture the subject in the Mercedes was reaching for what was believed to be an assault weapon (See attached photo
    Attachment 9087

POS be everywhere. Make sure you park in an advantageous stall at gas stations, they seem to be a breeding ground for psycho confrontations.
    Last edited by Peally; 07-13-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Is there a high res photo of this? I can't see the guy holding anything?
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Per open source reporting the New Black Panther Party has called on gang members to " shoot anything blue that's not the mail man".

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    POS be everywhere. Make sure you park in an advantageous stall at gas stations, they seem to be a breeding ground for psycho confrontations.
    Good reminder.

I've heard a couple good suggestions on keeping situational awareness high while fueling, but I'd appreciate any thoughts like this y'all have.

Here's my takeaway from John Murphy's Always Avoid Assholes segment at Tac Con in Memphis:

- Do a 1X drive around, looking for those that are not moving, checking out customers, or both

- Look for cars backed in

- Avoid stations with blocked sight lines.

- Repeatedly check your immediate surroundings: open wallet, check, swipe card, check, etc.

For everybody, but in particular for LEOs, who seemingly have a target on their back, these days.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Per open source reporting the New Black Panther Party has called on gang members to " shoot anything blue that's not the mail man".
    We got that warning through our HQs on Sunday...

Good info, thanks for sharing. These are hard times for those of us in LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    Good info, thanks for sharing. These are hard times for those of us in LE.
    Two news blurbs on yahoo yesterday, one was a football player made a comment regarding agreeing with the Dallas shooter/asshole in some way. Another was the former Miss Alabama I believe, saying she thought Dallas asshole would be regarded as a martyr before long.

I know folks who still refuse to carry off-duty. Boggles the mind.

Carry your damn gun, watch your six and stay safe out there.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-13-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Not only does the guy in the Mercedes appear to be holding a weapon (looks like a pistol to me but I presume the people who distributed the screen shot saw the entire video), but the male in the Pontiac is positioned behind his door watching. Neither the Pontiac or Mercedes are getting gas. Could have gone sideways in a heartbeat.

User Tag List