Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An argument for bullpups?

The brave new world of internet gun geniuses really scares me. I was looking to buy some Vortex StrikeFire 2's for our training guns and looked at a couple of on-line reviews of said product. The red dot comes with a cantilever mount so that the red dot can be pushed as far forward to allow room for more stuff on the receiver and to gain some slight advantage by having the dot "as out there" as possible. I know this, I've heard Farnam rant about it. Any way, of the reviews I read/watched, none of them had the red dot at the front of the receiver. They had deliberately moved the mount back so that the pesky red dot would be closer.

And, by interwebz metrics, these guys know more than me since my gun website has been dead for years......
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Perhaps the premise of the article was arrived at when the author decided he wanted a bull pup and needed justification to buy it? Just a guess.

Get a longer rail, keep the carbine you can shoot from the other shoulder.

Done
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I got it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I know, I just didn't want everyone else just thinking that the mods here are shit.
    What if we read understood the context, but we're still in the fence?

You lost me at Alloutdoor.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    You lost me at Alloutdoor.com
    I'm pretty new here, and even *I* stopped at the fourth picture with the black nail polish.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The brave new world of internet gun geniuses really scares me. I was looking to buy some Vortex StrikeFire 2's for our training guns and looked at a couple of on-line reviews of said product. The red dot comes with a cantilever mount so that the red dot can be pushed as far forward to allow room for more stuff on the receiver and to gain some slight advantage by having the dot "as out there" as possible. I know this, I've heard Farnam rant about it. Any way, of the reviews I read/watched, none of them had the red dot at the front of the receiver. They had deliberately moved the mount back so that the pesky red dot would be closer.

And, by interwebz metrics, these guys know more than me since my gun website has been dead for years......
    I would be lying if I said there wasn't a subtext to my posting this here.

The content mills of the internet demand words and pictures and video footage to fill them. There are people out there who run the gamut from legit experts to informed enthusiasts to peddlers of sheer derp, and the average person Googling around often has no way of telling the difference. I mean, I consider the writer a good friend, but I get taken aback when I read "The carbine would work well suppressed, as the vents gas well away from the shooter. I shot 150 rounds of various ammunition and had zero stoppages of any kind. Moreover – and very unusually for 9mm carbines – the J67 shot all kinds of bullet weights and types well." Dude, you're giving this thing a glowing thumbs-up based on three boxes of ammunition? Really?
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    What if we read understood the context, but we're still in the fence?
    Well, if you're in the fence, you're going nowhere no matter how much context you understand. Try to get on the fence first, then we'll talk ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Are you trying to win a bet? Is this your "What Taurus Judge" thread?

Also, [pedant]light doesn't cast shadows, objects that occlude light do[/pedant].
    You know, that brings up the almost totally ignored subject of how to hang a light from your Taurus Judge without casting a shadow.

User Tag List