Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Midlength Gas Systems (split from the Colt Midlength thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Those are some rather substantial differences.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Regardless of the fact that you he's no way to measure or prove said durability or longevity.
    I'd say that's at least enough to point things in the other direction, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by orionz06; 05-14-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Those are some rather substantial differences.

I'd say that's at least enough to point things in the other direction, wouldn't you?
    About time all the zealots get some facts.

Doesn’t change the fact that everything up tomthat test was just a bunch of hysterical belief perpetuated by internet myth and “knowledge”.

Just because the facts end up supporting ones belief doesn’t mean their belief was previously based in fact. Or knowledge. Or experience. Or anything else valid.

Doesn’t change the fact that everything up tomthat test was just a bunch of hysterical belief perpetuated by internet myth and “knowledge”.

Just because the facts end up supporting ones belief doesn’t mean their belief was previously based in fact. Or knowledge. Or experience. Or anything else valid.

Not sour at all, I see... Your last four points though, those are ones that I suspect if you read around you'd see otherwise, should you so choose to take the blinders off.

Site Supporter

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If anyone can find a downloadable version of the actual CRANE presentation document, that would be awesome. I did a quick google and didn't find it, although given the subject matter, that doesn't mean it's not readily available.

I am a fan of original sources.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've decided to nickname my 14.5" mid length "rob_s' spirit animal" in honor of this thread.
    I forgot I had that upper until I reread this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Suck it, haters.
    Ha! I love it. I guess reducing force, frequency, and heat to prolong the life cycle of a mechanical system wasn't such a novel idea after all. The reliability bit was icing.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Ha! I love it. I guess reducing force, frequency, and heat to prolong the life cycle of a mechanical system wasn't such a novel idea after all. The reliability bit was icing.

Thanks for posting!
    And it's not like these aren't basic principles....

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    And it's not like these aren't basic principles....

Exactly, but it takes the likes of Crane to publish a study for the luddites and curmudgeons to acknowledge them. Elementary critical thinking skills and 10 minutes spent with a middy is what it took for most.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Exactly, but it takes the likes of Crane to publish a study for the luddites and curmudgeons to acknowledge them. Elementary critical thinking skills and 10 minutes spent with a middy is what it took for most.
    I wouldn't say that they have even aknowledged the results, based off their response.

User Tag List