Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I had a friend who got caught in a merchant dispute through Paypal. It had something to do with travel service in Europe (pre-buying hotel rooms or similar I think). Paypal had an issue with the company and froze the account. After they went through whatever investigation they do, they severed the vendors ability to use Paypal. Then THEY SENT ALL THE MONEY BACK TO THE CUSTOMERS. Because it was not their money, and they would not allow the vendor to have it, so they gave it back to the individuals who sent it. Because to do anything less ( unless there is something criminal, in which case I have no doubt Paypal would inform the customers of that and tell them which law enforcement entity to contact) would mean Paypal was stealing. Period. Hotaling may try to play that card to fool people who won't take a second to think about legal business practices, but it is a flat out lie.

Paypal may very be actively hostile to gun stuff, but they can't take money that does not belong to them. Then the legal system would crash down on THEM.

Hotaling is a snake.
    Exactly. My FFL for NFA stuff had an issue with an anti-2A credit card billing company (don't know the name). The company refunded the customers and we had to pay all over again. In some cases it was for work already performed (engraving and cerakote in my case).

As for Paul's excuses... Money leaves a trail and a good investigator will find it. Has anyone tried to file criminal charges and get LE involved?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Where was this announcement made?
    This email was sent today from Paul to me as a student who was signed up for a class that was cancelled.

I had also sent an email requesting a refund, and was sent another copy of the same email.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-19-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redbone View Post
    For the record, Doodie didn't spring from Pistol Forum. It sprang from BEnos.
    Please elaborate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I sincerely doubt that the money is just disappeared, never to be seen again, forever gone into PayPal's coffers or whichever money service he used.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-20-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Please elaborate.
    Doodie started when folks were booted from Enos. It was never about here though there was and still is membership overlap.

Actually it's kinda funny how many of the guys banned from here get along well on FB and other outlets.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I sincerely doubt that the money is just disappeared, never to be seen again, forever gone into PayPal's coffers or whichever money service he used.
    PayPal isn't the effing IRS, they can't keep money from the purchaser because they don't like what the seller was selling.

"Remember who you're dealing with" indeed.

You were warned.
    Last edited by Aray; 07-20-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Doodie started when folks were booted from Enos. It was never about here though there was and still is membership overlap.
    They also definitely enjoyed taking the piss out of Todd, as well as the rest of the "Timmies" here.

So while the DP may not be an offshoot of PF it is, or was, a bit of a nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    This email was sent today from Paul to me as a student who was signed up for a class that was cancelled.

I had also sent an email requesting a refund, and was sent another copy of the same email.
    Thanks buddy I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

Actually it's kinda funny how many of the guys banned from here get along well on FB and other outlets.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Don't remember a lot of people being banned. But Ben was mercilessly riding the Rudy Project 'sponsored' shooters and was told to knock it off. BEnos has always had heavy handed mods and the site isn't interested in any drama. Can't complain about shitty match directors or question USPSA leadership, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    They also definitely enjoyed taking the piss out of Todd, as well as the rest of the "Timmies" here.

So while the DP may not be an offshoot of PF it is, or was, a bit of a nemesis.
    Very true, but that came well after Doodie had been established.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I received the same email. I was registered for a LAV class this weekend. I was able to successfully (so far) do a charge back on my credit card for the $350 deposit charge by Hoatling. A friend who used Paypal has not been successful at this point.

User Tag List