Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Guns themselves.

I'm also not sure they have terms where neither gets the money and they keep it all. It's not like they figured it out and said "fuck you both" and kept the money, PayPal I mean.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Right, no, I'm not excusing it or accepting the excuse, just continuing the hijack as the initial drama seems unlikely to have further developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance B. View Post
    Someone (paging Tam or TC) needs to do a Numbers version of gun forums. In the beginning there was AR-15.com and they begat M4Carbine and they begat Pistol Forum and they begat Doodie Project and so on and so on...

I'm sure that's probably not entirely how it went and I'm positive I'm missing a ton of details.
    For the record, Doodie didn't spring from Pistol Forum. It sprang from BEnos.

I looked through my old emails and saw I used PayPal to buy a course through NE Shooters as far back as 2013. So we would think it's not a PP acceptable use problem.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Paul's "excuse" is that PayPal kept thinking that he was selling guns and kept freezing his funds because of it. But none of that matters because it's all complete bullshit intended to shift blame. And it's working. Here we are talking about PayPal and not Paul being a crook cunt.
    EXACTLY.

Paul is a lying sack of shit. His little blurb there is ridiculous. "We have investigated ourselves and we can assure you that everything we have just said is completely accurate!"

Bullshit.

And his lame explanation doesn't even begin to address why this has been going on FOR YEARS.

If he was honest, if he had a reputation for integrity and making things right even if circumstances were fucked up, it wouldn't have come to this. If it was a snag because of credit card processing and not a pattern of behavior, you wouldn't have seen the public statements from instructors that we've seen. He's still not trying to make it right. He's declaring bankruptcy and insisting that no more refunds will be given.

Because all the money just up and fucking vanished on him.

Right.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 07-19-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Alias Training - Closed Permanently

Hello, I would like to start by apologizing to our many customers. The end of Alias Training has effected many people across the country, including friends and loyal customers. This is a scar I will carry for the rest of my life.

At this current time Alias is permanently closed, and the refunds we could do are completed. No further refunds are possible. Alias has begun the process of filing bankruptcy. When and if funds become available again the process will be started with the oldest sign-ups and working forward.

Let it be public publicly stated there is no "Fraud" in this. Our attorney & Accountant has reviewed all the financial reports and assured us of this. Alias was undone by our Merchant Services provider and their extreme anti-2nd Amendment policies. Made worse by a company loan taken out to pay instructors & bills while the funds were frozen.

Again, this episode will forever haunt my soul. I can never apologize enough.

Thank you,

Paul Hotaling

Where was this announcement made?

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Alias Training - Closed Permanently

Hello, I would like to start by apologizing to our many customers. The end of Alias Training has effected many people across the country, including friends and loyal customers. This is a scar I will carry for the rest of my life.

At this current time Alias is permanently closed, and the refunds we could do are completed. No further refunds are possible. Alias has begun the process of filing bankruptcy. When and if funds become available again the process will be started with the oldest sign-ups and working forward.

Let it be public publicly stated there is no "Fraud" in this. Our attorney & Accountant has reviewed all the financial reports and assured us of this. Alias was undone by our Merchant Services provider and their extreme anti-2nd Amendment policies. Made worse by a company loan taken out to pay instructors & bills while the funds were frozen.

Again, this episode will forever haunt my soul. I can never apologize enough.

Thank you,

Paul Hotaling

If any of that is accurate (money tied up somewhere) then it should be recoverable and everyone should be made whole. That however does not sound like what is happening. If the funds do not exist then fraud and theft has occurred.

Made worse by a company loan taken out to pay instructors & bills while the funds were frozen.
    Is that even remotely believable? Wasn't Alias a management service taking a percentage for its services? Why would a business expose itself in such a way. Run and managed properly this would not have reached the level it did. The explanation sounds like complete Bovine Excrement.

Maybe we should crowd fund a lawsuit against his merchant services provider?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post

Is that even remotely believable? Wasn't Alias a management service taking a percentage for its services? Why would a business expose itself in such a way. Run and managed properly this would not have reached the level it did. The explanation sounds like complete Bovine Excrement.
    Remember who you're dealing with!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I did EWO (I'm told it's at least as physical as ECQC) at 56. Most people were 1/2 to 2/3 my age. I have all the usual middle aged deterioration, but I got through the course ok. But I did prep for it physically for 5 months.
    EWO is more difficult. There is no range portion on TD2/TD3 to give people a break from grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Guns themselves.

I'm also not sure they have terms where neither gets the money and they keep it all. It's not like they figured it out and said "fuck you both" and kept the money, PayPal I mean.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I had a friend who got caught in a merchant dispute through Paypal. It had something to do with travel service in Europe (pre-buying hotel rooms or similar I think). Paypal had an issue with the company and froze the account. After they went through whatever investigation they do, they severed the vendors ability to use Paypal. Then THEY SENT ALL THE MONEY BACK TO THE CUSTOMERS. Because it was not their money, and they would not allow the vendor to have it, so they gave it back to the individuals who sent it. Because to do anything less ( unless there is something criminal, in which case I have no doubt Paypal would inform the customers of that and tell them which law enforcement entity to contact) would mean Paypal was stealing. Period. Hotaling may try to play that card to fool people who won't take a second to think about legal business practices, but it is a flat out lie.

Paypal may very be actively hostile to gun stuff, but they can't take money that does not belong to them. Then the legal system would crash down on THEM.

Hotaling is a snake.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 07-19-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List