Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Robert Silvers is a very intelligent and capable guy...
    Without a doubt.

A Slight Lane Veer & My Fuzzy Recall

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's not far off.

You can follow my banning history to get an idea of the order.

It would really be more of a tree though, as ar15.com also begat silencertalk, which in turn begat 300wtftalk (or whatever silvers is calling it) and some other offshoot from one of the more prolific loudmouths on silencertalk.

then there's lightfighter, where it came from, and what came from it.
    Late getting to PF but Buddy's Sturmgewehr in 1998 was my first taste of weapons forums.

Then I stumbled into ARFCOM in 2004, Hilton's 10-8 in 2005, M4C in 2007 & LF in 2009 which actually started IIRC in 2000ish.

Not that Gary or Rob need my backup re. Robert but agreed on his abilities/talents as well.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-18-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Rich Lucibella's The Firing Line was an adverse reaction to the old rec.guns and morphed into The Highroad. Pretty good places for new folks. Rob s, I don't remember banning you there, so it may not fit into your world view.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Rich Lucibella's The Firing Line was an adverse reaction to the old rec.guns and morphed into The Highroad. Pretty good places for new folks. Rob s, I don't remember banning you there, so it may not fit into your world view.
    Wasn't there some candian guy on THG that banned anyone that told him he didn't know everything about 1911s? Or was that 1911foum? Ina either case, he banned me a few times from Wherever.

TTBOMK, we never had a Canadian mod on either forum, Tamara may have better knowledge though...

At least as I encountered it, BBS predated fora, and in between there were email lists -- IPSC, IDPA, and API being ones I was active on at one point or another. Fora are a pretty huge evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    TTBOMK, we never had a Canadian mod on either forum, Tamara may have better knowledge though...
    it was 1911forum. shane45-1911
    https://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23566

Alias Training - Closed Permanently

Hello, I would like to start by apologizing to our many customers. The end of Alias Training has effected many people across the country, including friends and loyal customers. This is a scar I will carry for the rest of my life.

At this current time Alias is permanently closed, and the refunds we could do are completed. No further refunds are possible. Alias has begun the process of filing bankruptcy. When and if funds become available again the process will be started with the oldest sign-ups and working forward.

Let it be public publicly stated there is no "Fraud" in this. Our attorney & Accountant has reviewed all the financial reports and assured us of this. Alias was undone by our Merchant Services provider and their extreme anti-2nd Amendment policies. Made worse by a company loan taken out to pay instructors & bills while the funds were frozen.

Again, this episode will forever haunt my soul. I can never apologize enough.

Thank you,

Paul Hotaling

Did he do the Obama tear wiping thing when he sent that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Did he do the Obama tear wiping thing when he sent that?
    He can't. It's trademarked.

User Tag List