Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Redbone,

Point out the post(s) where anyone here suggested the students in past classes owed the instructors money.
    Last edited by jlw; 07-12-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I guess the way I would think to look at it is, 'who did the student pay the money to'? If they went to an Alias website or called Alias on the phone and paid, then they are most fundamentally Alias' customer. Not trying to discount that the instructor and their reputation is also involved, but I'd personally focus on the party whom the student paid.

BINGO!!

If you follow the money, which is what the law will do, the trail goes to Alias. If the injured parties file a civil suit, they will have to sue Alias. If anyone tries to file criminal charges, they are going to have to go after the people at Alias. Both of the previous statements include the instructors as well as the students.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

IIRC Alias courses were in the range of $525. What is the typical percentage they kept? (Sounds like 100% currently, but I'm referring to the way it should work)
    Taking a break from social media.

One of the distinctions between me and LAV is that Larry is going to teach his previously booked Alias classes at the range and on the date where it's been booked through by Alias. Apparently Hotaling has sent an email saying that the existing schedule for LAV will continue under the Aztec brand.

I've cancelled my L.A. AMIS class and will be sending an email to all of the students on the roster that if they cannot get a refund from Alias for the deposit or full payment that they have remitted, then I will extend a credit of that amount towards any class they can chase me down for over the next year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    IIRC Alias courses were in the range of $525. What is the typical percentage they kept? (Sounds like 100% currently, but I'm referring to the way it should work)
    Technically Alias charged each instructor 15% after the range fees and targetry were paid for. That's 5% less than what Grey Group was doing.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 07-12-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    In the classes for which I can make a direct comparison, they added at least $100 to class fee when booked through other venues.

My national standard base fee is $450 and that hasn't changed in 9 years. For the most part that's what it's advertised as. Sometimes there's a range fee that's outside the host's control and we usually find out what that is and pass that on to the student. So in an information email we will let them know that.

Sometimes, as in the case in NH, for me there is not only a fixed site that has to get paid but the host also and the fee is significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I was signed up for a Pat Mac class... I've never met the man personally, but would someone vouch for him?..
    I would vouch. ETA: for his instruction.
    Last edited by dgg9; 07-12-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Given that the middleman model has its flaws, I am curious to see if the instructors that departed with Alias are going to jump right back into the same model with a different middleman company, or if they are going to something like SouthNarc. It seems in SouthNarc's model the students pay less money and everyone is better informed. Make sense to cut out the middleman.

Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat View Post
    Given that the middleman model has its flaws, I am curious to see if the instructors that departed with Alias are going to jump right back into the same model with a different middleman company, or if they are going to something like SouthNarc. It seems in SouthNarc's model the students pay less money and everyone is better informed. Make sense to cut out the middleman.
    I hope to god not. It takes a few hundred bucks to get things squared away and running. Hell, I'd even do what I could to see that no one signed away that much money to perpetuate the same bullshit model with the same characters involved to the likely same low level of service.

ETA: that's not entirely fair... That model did bring exposure to a lot of people. That said... It's not 2006 anymore, we can do better for far less.
    Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Last edited by orionz06; 07-12-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List