Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    My point is that I don't see any reason to believe the validity of anything posted on that forum which if I remember correctly, was formed by people who were tossed off this forum for trolling. They seemed to have a special disdain for Todd Louis Green and anyone in the tactical or defense training firearms world.

I don't see how they would have any inside knowledge of something that they were not a part of. I also would not trust any posters handle that claim to be someone in the training community, such as Grey Group, to be that actual person.
    It's not just trolls that post there... It's not just a troll forum. There was a period in which they targeted Todd but that time has past. If you look their trolling has devolved/evolved into normal gun talk focused around their thing. That said... When shit does hit the fan all of the right people do post there. Among the senseless banter is the truth. I'm not saying they're the beacon of truth sparkling in the fog at night or anything but it's worth keeping tabs on.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I'm not saying they're the beacon of truth sparkling in the fog at night or anything but it's worth keeping tabs on.
    The night is dark and full of terrors.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It's not just trolls that post there... It's not just a troll forum. There was a period in which they targeted Todd but that time has past. If you look their trolling has devolved/evolved into normal gun talk focused around their thing. That said... When shit does hit the fan all of the right people do post there. Among the senseless banter is the truth. I'm not saying they're the beacon of truth sparkling in the fog at night or anything but it's worth keeping tabs on.
    I like to think of doodie as the 4chan of the shooting sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    My point is that I don't see any reason to believe the validity of anything posted on that forum which if I remember correctly, was formed by people who were tossed off this forum for trolling. They seemed to have a special disdain for Todd Louis Green and anyone in the tactical or defense training firearms world.
    Someone (paging Tam or TC) needs to do a Numbers version of gun forums. In the beginning there was AR-15.com and they begat M4Carbine and they begat Pistol Forum and they begat Doodie Project and so on and so on...

I'm sure that's probably not entirely how it went and I'm positive I'm missing a ton of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance B. View Post
    Someone (paging Tam or TC) needs to do a Numbers version of gun forums. In the beginning there was AR-15.com and they begat M4Carbine and they begat Pistol Forum and they begat Doodie Project and so on and so on...

I'm sure that's probably not entirely how it went and I'm positive I'm missing a ton of details.
    That's not far off.

You can follow my banning history to get an idea of the order.

It would really be more of a tree though, as ar15.com also begat silencertalk, which in turn begat 300wtftalk (or whatever silvers is calling it) and some other offshoot from one of the more prolific loudmouths on silencertalk.

then there's lightfighter, where it came from, and what came from it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's not far off.

You can follow my banning history to get an idea of the order.

It would really be more of a tree though, as ar15.com also begat silencertalk, which in turn begat 300wtftalk (or whatever silvers is calling it) and some other offshoot from one of the more prolific loudmouths on silencertalk.

then there's lightfighter, where it came from, and what came from it.
    Don't forget Guns.Net, before ARFCom.

Edited to add: I forget the name of the owner, but he always used to write: "Shut yer cockholster!" if someone wrote something he didn't like.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 07-18-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Don't forget Guns.Net, before ARFCom.

Edited to add: I forget the name of the owner, but he always used to write: "Shut yer cockholster!" if someone wrote something he didn't like.
    I was trying to remember that one. I couldn't remember it it was guns.com, or shooting.com or what.

I think I got banned from there even. There was some holster maker they all loved and the guy sold package deals with holsters and belts, and when I got my combo the belt was stamped "hecho en mexico". When I pointed it out the "hive" shouted me down. My first exposure to a paid site supporter/advertiser being more equal to everyone else. I was probably... 21?

which in turn begat 300wtftalk (or whatever silvers is calling it) and some other offshoot from one of the more prolific loudmouths on silencertalk.
    That guys still around?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I was trying to remember that one. I couldn't remember it it was guns.com, or shooting.com or what.

I think I got banned from there even. There was some holster maker they all loved and the guy sold package deals with holsters and belts, and when I got my combo the belt was stamped "hecho en mexico". When I pointed it out the "hive" shouted me down. My first exposure to a paid site supporter/advertiser being more equal to everyone else. I was probably... 21?
    GunsNet had the first good Kalashnikov forum, then everybody got sick of it and went to ARF where they formed an even better AK forum, then they got fucking sick of that and created AK Forum... lol

Most of that was Tim Orrock and John Odom, plus a couple others.

Robert Silvers is a very intelligent and capable guy...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List