Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Round Test: Vortex Venom RDS (on a Glock 17 MOS)

Compared to the DP Pro, the RMR window is just too small for gaming. Anyone know how big the Romeo window is?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone know how big the Romeo window is?
    The Romeo 1 window is 30mm, the R3 is 25mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Here a link to the Vortex Venom on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S2P2J90/

I may have to pick one up.
    Did you buy one Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I did, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.
    I heard he's busy doing a frame mount for it....SOON tm....

**Ducks and runs outta here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'm buying an open gun Friday that has one of these on it (guy kept his cmore). Gonna run it and see how I like it before swapping to a Romeo 3/RTS2/deltapoint pro
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think this optic looks interesting, but right now I would go with a DP Pro and no BUIS on a MOS upper for gaming, and a RMR 06 on a milled upper along with Ameriglo tritium BUIS for carry. My experience and everything I read of the experiences of others says the same thing.

Unknown is how the new Sig Romeo 1 and the to be announced Aimpoint will change things.
    Another BUIS that you might want to check out are the ones from Suarez International. I swapped out some plain black Ameriglos for Suarez tritium on my G23 and they have worked perfectly for me.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

If I read this correctly, only 3 failures out of 2000 rounds, this thing held up extremely well.

Once my first RMR06 had its first problem, I never again had failure free round counts like that with a RMR. Different story with an aimpoint T1.

Just to update: the Venom is up to 5120 rounds. It has not failed. Leaving it on continuously, the battery died after 5 months. Those 3 failures I quoted in the initial 2000 round were not true failures. The dot will turn off if you leave it on for more than 12 hours and then push one of the Up/down buttons. This was by design per Vortex. It will turn back on quickly with one more push. If you push the up/down button anytime, it will reset that 12 hour clock. If you don't touch the buttons, it will stay on. For my practice gun, I just turn it off when I store it and turn on prior to use now. I have an RMR06 on my carry Glock 17 MOS, but I am feeling more and more comfortable with the Venom for future guns. For the price, I now think it is a great deal.

What setting did you leave it on continuously? I currently have a Vortex Venom on a Glock 19 MOS, and it's been on for the past 2 months on the lowest setting.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    What setting did you leave it on continuously? I currently have a Vortex Venom on a Glock 19 MOS, and it's been on for the past 2 months on the lowest setting.
    Medium setting.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

User Tag List