Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1911 Loaded Marine Corps Operator (2016 model)???

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Uh oh, a 1911 question. The lectures from the P-F Hive Mind will shortly commence.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You gotta really smack the mags on a colt...or just relieve the catch some.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    Thankfully a couple quick swipes with a file takes care of the issue entirely.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Well I made a quick statement comparing it to a colt, and now that's all that's being discussed....

As many know I've got a stable full of other pistols, HK's, Sigs, Beretta's and Glocks. I was thinking of adding one mid range 1911. This one jumped out at me, and I'm impressed with the quality so far. I'm really thinking of getting it.
    If you like it, go for it. I've owned three Springfield Armory 1911s and they all worked. It's not really strange to see Colts being mentioned since several members here seem to like them. But nobody is telling you the MCO sucks and get the Colt instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    If you like it, go for it. I've owned three Springfield Armory 1911s and they all worked. It's not really strange to see Colts being mentioned since several members here seem to like them. But nobody is telling you the MCO sucks and get the Colt instead.
    I think that's the ticket. If I pick it up, I'll let you guys know. I'll run it stock for about 500-1000 rounds then start adding wilson parts.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I'll run it stock for about 500-1000 rounds then start adding wilson parts.
    why
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    I know exactly what he means, I suspect most people do. To the Op, I have an LBO, basically the same gun but all black and with no front strap treatment. It's been perfect in the first couple thousand rounds. No failures of any kind. Passed the extractor test with ease. I run it with the two stock Mecgar 8 rounders and with Wilson ETM HD's. Carry ammo is Federal 230 grain HST and practice ammo is American Eagle 230 grain FMJ. This was a big relief to me as the last couple new guns I had purchased were the Gen 4 G17 and Gen 4 G19. I did not experience the same level of reliability and problem free function with either of them. This gun has been a very pleasant experience. How agressive is the front strap treatment on the MCOP? how would it compare to 30lpi for example? How much better then smooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I know exactly what he means, I suspect most people do. To the Op, I have an LBO, basically the same gun but all black and with no front strap treatment. It's been perfect in the first couple thousand rounds. No failures of any kind. Passed the extractor test with ease. I run it with the two stock Mecgar 8 rounders and with Wilson ETM HD's. Carry ammo is Federal 230 grain HST and practice ammo is American Eagle 230 grain FMJ. This was a big relief to me as the last couple new guns I had purchased were the Gen 4 G17 and Gen 4 G19. I did not experience the same level of reliability and problem free function with either of them. This gun has been a very pleasant experience. How agressive is the front strap treatment on the MCOP? how would it compare to 30lpi for example? How much better then smooth?
    The front strap is better than smooth, but not as aggressive as front strap checkering. It feels like a compromise honestly, but it is well done, and not cheap feeling. It's very comfortable and does increase the traction. It felt locked in when I held it. I don't change much once I get it. Just the sights to HD's, wilson combat magwell, flat spring and guide rod.

I picked up a Gen4 glock as well, the trigger was 7 lbs and it ejects like someone let a fire hose go in the street. I did a quick trigger job on it and the trigger is way better now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I know exactly what he means, I suspect most people do.
    What, the 'hive mind' is going to dive on this guy telling him any 1911 but a Colt sucks? Or maybe 1911s all suck in general so get a Glock instead? I haven't seen that attitude coming from any forum members I would listen to. There have been several threads in the past months talking about Colts, that's true. And people have also discussed the pros and cons of 1911s compared to other types. I think that's a good thing. But I don't get the 'hive mind' reference or see how the post added to the discussion.

What, the 'hive mind' is going to dive on this guy telling him any 1911 but a Colt sucks? Or maybe 1911s all suck in general so get a Glock instead? I haven't seen that attitude coming from any forum members I would listen to. There have been several threads in the past months talking about Colts, that's true. And people have also discussed the pros and cons of 1911s compared to other types. I think that's a good thing. But I don't get the 'hive mind' reference or see how the post added to the discussion.
    So far in this thread it hasn't really been there but the people who usually start it haven't commented. It's not that their bad, it's just that they get a pack mentality and pile on to anyone who doesn't subscribe to their orthodoxy and the 1911 is a typical target subject. At the same time they also have useful info about some things so you just have to let some stuff go. M4carbine has the same problem. It's like the same group of people just with different names. But again they have good info there also. Heck why do you think the two groups split? They did it to each other. Too bad also because both sights have some solid info that you can learn from and it'd be easier in one location. 10-8 forums did the same thing only more controlled and that control lead to a stagnation and ultimate death of the forum. Even modern service weapons. Two very knowledgeable guys but it ends up being a one a month post about a car locker. Too bad too because those guys have crazy mad knowledge.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-10-2016 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Add info

As Lightfighter member BasicLoad said a while back:

"I retract everything that I ever said about Glocks being as good as 1911's. If you can make one work...... ROLL THAT SHIT.

For the last six years I have tried to make myself like that pistol, and I can shoot the shit out of it, however I just got another 2011 and have dry fired it for the last 18 hours...... It's like being a drug addict, 6 YEARS avoiding my addiction is ruined by one day of having a man gun in my hands. Gay dudes get married everyday to hide their lifestyle and I won't do it anymore.... when I get to a point in my life that I can choose what I carry and maintain it.... I will keep a 1911 on my hip until I die."

User Tag List