Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1911 Loaded Marine Corps Operator (2016 model)???

Springfield 1911 Loaded Marine Corps Operator (2016 model)???

Man that's a mouthful. Anyway, I held one at my LGS. I didn't have a 1911 on my immediate radar until now. I have two rifles to pick up here soon which will cost me a pretty penny. (MR762A1 and SCAR17s) I definitely don't need $1200 added on my tab, but I can't stop thinking about it. What they did with the grips, and front strap is perfect. Only thing I'd do is add a few wilson parts, wilson 8 rounders, Trij HD's, and a Light. It seems good to go to me. I've also got a Wilson 92G and Sig P226 Legion on the list. Does anyone own one of these?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...loaded-45-acp/

Also, I compared it to the Colt they had there, and I wasn't impressed with it. It was the $1600 MCP (gen2 I guess, not the initial release, the darker one). Felt good in hand, barrel and slid fit seemed to bind at the beginning and end of the barrel hood. I'm sure that would wear in. And like every other colt on the planet I've touched, you had to hit the mag button when inserting a mag or it would bind half way up. But no so on the springfield. Only thing I had bad to say about it was how springfield chose to step the barrel for the match fitment. Seemed a little more crude. But honestly, I only want 1 or 2 1911's in the stable, and with the potential political climate, I don't want to pay out the ass for rifles, because I bought a pistol I can get after words.......But she did fit me perfectly. Not since I put the HK45 or VP9 in my hands has a pistol felt like it belonged.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 07-09-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Man that's a mouthful. Anyway, I held one at my LGS. I didn't have a 1911 on my immediate radar until now. I have two rifles to pick up here soon which will cost me a pretty penny. (MR762A1 and SCAR17s) I definitely don't need $1200 added on my tab, but I can't stop thinking about it. What they did with the grips, and front strap is perfect. Only thing I'd do is add a few wilson parts, wilson 8 rounders, Trij HD's, and a Light. It seems good to go to me. I've also got a Wilson 92G and Sig P226 Legion on the list. Does anyone own one of these?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...loaded-45-acp/

Also, I compared it to the Colt they had there, and I wasn't impressed with it. It was the $1600 MCP (gen2 I guess, not the initial release, the darker one). Felt good in hand, barrel and slid fit seemed to bind at the beginning and end of the barrel hood. I'm sure that would wear in. And like every other colt on the planet I've touched, you had to hit the mag button when inserting a mag or it would bind half way up. But no so on the springfield. Only thing I had bad to say about it was how springfield chose to step the barrel for the match fitment. Seemed a little more crude. But honestly, I only want 1 or 2 1911's in the stable, and with the potential political climate, I don't want to pay out the ass for rifles, because I bought a pistol I can get after words.......But she did fit me perfectly. Not since I put the HK45 or VP9 in my hands has a pistol felt like it belonged.
    I think the Springfield MCO is a good pistol for the money. I would also compare it to the new Colt Combat Unit pistol as a competitive product. None of my Colts have the problem you described with the magazine binding halfway in.
    Last edited by Robinson; 07-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    None of my Colts have the problem you described with the magazine binding halfway in.
    Same here. I've owned 2 Colts, an early model XS with >2000 rounds fired, and a Colt Lightweight XSE with less than 500 rounds.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

The new colt is nice. The undercut and checkering is a sweet addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I think the Springfield MCO is a good pistol for the money. I would also compare it to the new Colt Combat Unit pistol as a competitive product. None of my Colts have the problem you described with the magazine binding halfway in.
    You gotta really smack the mags on a colt...or just relieve the catch some.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You gotta really smack the mags on a colt...or just relieve the catch some.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    +1. I learned this to the point of thinking my O1091 was broken, then shamefully looking at my pointless thread about it after a moderate smack on the baseplate fixed the issue completely.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Uh oh, a 1911 question. The lectures from the P-F Hive Mind will shortly commence.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Uh oh, a 1911 question. The lectures from the P-F Hive Mind will shortly commence.
    Well I made a quick statement comparing it to a colt, and now that's all that's being discussed....

As many know I've got a stable full of other pistols, HK's, Sigs, Beretta's and Glocks. I was thinking of adding one mid range 1911. This one jumped out at me, and I'm impressed with the quality so far. I'm really thinking of getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Name:  The Most Interesting Man In The World pistol forum.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  84.0 KB

Site Supporter
    I would also consider one of the Range Officer Operators...though the price difference is not that great.

User Tag List