Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duty ballistic helmet...

https://www.revisionmilitary.com/sto...ut-helmet.html

Thinking this...

Anyone has a line on this helmet being instock and able to ship size: Large in Black color - preferably with the suspension system (MSS) ?

Thanks
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    https://www.revisionmilitary.com/sto...ut-helmet.html

Thinking this...

Anyone has a line on this helmet being instock and able to ship size: Large in Black color - preferably with the suspension system (MSS) ?

Thanks
    why not get something that doesn't cover your ears?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    why not get something that doesn't cover your ears?
    I'm up in the air on both, I've used both in various circumstances and have no real preference as earpro works with both.

I guess whatever is more available quickly and won't make me broke.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been issued an MSA TC2000 for the past few years (I think it's been less than 10 years now). I don't know where or what pricing my department paid.
    Here's one place I found doing a quick search:
    http://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/MSA-U...tNkaAql68P8HAQ

Actually, I just remembered and checked my gear, I also have a Gentex Law Enforcement helmet from 2000, too. These seem to be going for ~$300 on Amazon (used).

These are issued from my department, however, so the cost was a non-issue to me.

Always liking the latest & greatest, if I was to buy my own and didn't need to match everybody else, I'd look at the Ops-Core as others have mentioned.
    http://www.ops-core.com/system-platf...istic-helmets/
    Last edited by L-2; 07-09-2016 at 01:38 PM.

If this is a helmet for patrol work I think an ACH fitted with a faceshield is a better option than an Opscore, Airframe. etc. If you're doing crowd control/riot work the cool guy helmets don't have faceshields that can stop bottles or rocks and you'll probably end up in a non ballistic helmet. With all that's going on now at the "protest", the risk of getting shot in the head at close range with handgun is probably one of the best reason to have a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    If this is a helmet for patrol work I think an ACH fitted with a faceshield is a better option than an Opscore, Airframe. etc. If you're doing crowd control/riot work the cool guy helmets don't have faceshields that can stop bottles or rocks and you'll probably end up in a non ballistic helmet. With all that's going on now at the "protest", the risk of getting shot in the head at close range with handgun is probably one of the best reason to have a helmet.
    I have an issues non ballistic helmet with a face shield it sucks.
    VDMSR.com

Here's the faceshield which goes with our MSA TC2000 ballistic helmets:
    http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/mi...letin%20-%20EN

I guess I'm just cheap but for me a helmet is not a regular wear/use item. For such items, I don't have to have the "best" or "greatest" and will spend a little less to have money to spend on a higher priority need.

I'm looking really hard at the Striker ACHHC from High Com Security with a Team Wendy Cam-Lok harness. It will be pre-drilled for all the cool accessories so they're an option but a helmet like this will be fine to wear intermittently. http://highcomsecurity.com/collectio...nt=19562871940
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I have an Armor Source 501 high cut as issued to me. I've read that the standard suspension/padding is not as secure as what OpsCore has. It fits a little wobbly without ear pro, but with ear pro I've had no problems with the room clearing, smoke-house/casualty rescue, debussing under fire/cross-loads/evacs/motorcade training I've done. Certainly a worlds difference (better) than the PASGT and lightweight combat helmet I had in the military.

ETA: Just looked at it...it's an AS 501 high cut as I thought, but it does indeed have a Wendy suspension/padding system. So that might be why I liked it.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-09-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Have a few helmets, three, in the work bag or garage.

For most street cops / road deputies, the best call would be an ACH - Advanced Combat Helmet - the big Army's version of the MICH. As has been mentioned, all of the cool accessories can be added. Most importantly, an after-market riot face shield can be easily added. This is my riot, crowd control helmet.

User Tag List