Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any fans of the pistol Aimed Point & Shoot technique?

Nevermind
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 07-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Outside of ECQC-context situations/training, the only other time I use point shooting is when I'm taking a leak.

Nevbob may take the responses as an unlearned biased attack on an untried method, but this isn't anything new. When this stuff has come up before and point shooting adherents are asked for drill times/scores, to show videos of their technique on standard drills, or to shoot side by side against decent aimed shooters, it seems to get quiet.

I seem to recall a comment from one of the participants of a conference where point shooting was being professed as a sideline technique. The results of seeing the point shooters perform was the comment "his guys cant hit shit".

The factor I keep not seeing is that the oft repeated statement of "you don't have time to aim" should be "you dont have time to miss".

That looks like a super dee dooper drawback filled crutch for having a poorly developed index IMO.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Sights are not a design flaw. They were put there for a reason. Use your signts!

That's the technique I use. Sometimes on a hard target that I really want to establish dominance I'll point my index and middle finger at the target and pull the trigger with my ring finger.
    Last edited by Luke; 07-08-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Just so that people are clear on what the OP is referring to, the Point & Shoot technique isn't the same as "point shooting". It's a "technique" where you keep your index finger along the frame of your pistol and use it to point at you target (with index finger still extended along the frame of the pistol) and then pull the trigger with your middle finger.

Attachment 8991

And to echo all the previous posters, no, no one (or hopefully no one here, unless they are missing a couple phalanges of their index finger) uses that technique.
    Wow. WTF will people think of next?

I actually did shoot most of a multigun match with my middle finger when I injured my trigger finger. It was not an advantage :-) but I ended up placing fairly well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That's the technique I use. Sometimes on a hard target that I really want to establish dominance I'll point my index and middle finger at the target and pull the trigger with my ring finger.
    I prefer to point my middle finger at the target and yell "Fuck You!" while I shoot.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I prefer to point my middle finger at the target and yell "Fuck You!" while I shoot.
    Your so violent. I love it.
    i used to wannabe

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wow. WTF will people think of next?
    This dates back to at least the late 80s or early 90s. Probably even further. The idea is that you naturally point at something when you point with your index finger so your gun will magically line up if you adopt this janky grip. Of course, even were that to be true (and I make no claims either way) pointing the gun at something is only half the battle. Keeping it pointed at the something through the trigger pull is the real trick.

User Tag List