Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI - New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    If your MIL has any heart or respiratory issues be sure to check with her doc before visiting Taos.
    Air is noticeably thinner at 7000 feet. Should not be a problem unless any issues are on the serious side.
    Thanks for the heads up. We were at Yellowstone last year and pushed some elevation changes.

"Red or green?" at a restaurant is referring to what type of chile you'd like on your food. I prefer the green but give them both a try.

I drove from Amarillo to Raton a couple of weeks ago. The drive had some wonderful views.

Be careful of hitchhikers running out in the road and trying to stop you. I had a male/female couple do so. I stopped 35 or 40 yards short (middle of nowhere, just across the NM line on US 87). When I didn't come closer, they acted like they were having an argument and the woman turned and covered her face like she was crying. I slow rolled and then punched it to the other lane and went by them.

Just up the road I saw a sign warning not to pick up hitchhikers in the area.

This place is near Raton:

http://www.nrawc.org/
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Only one concealed firearm at a time is a bit different.

User Tag List