Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do any of y'all use a .22 Conversion on your carry gun?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    When I carried 1911s, I wound up replacing the Ceiner conversion slide with a Ruger 22/45, and when I switched to M&P9's, I got an M&P22. I'll be picking up a rimfire Glock slide, but it will probably wind up living on my Glock 32 frame rather than being swapped on and off my carry G19. Generally, I shoot my carry gun in classes and matches and other than that, I'll dump the mag for fresh rounds if it doesn't get shot in a couple months. I try and minimize the administrative loading and unloading with it.
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-11-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

As a .22 fanatic, I have tried more .22 conversions that I care to admit, including ones for Beretta, Glock, CZ, and 1911 (several) pistols. My conclusion is that I am better served with a Ruger Standard or Mark II for working on sight picture and trigger control. That being said, the CZ 75 Kadet conversion is the best one I ever used, and the only one I sometimes I wish I never sent down the road.

The issues with the other conversions are reliability and how they change the gun's balance (with the exception of the CZ Kadet). The trigger is the same, but the gun feels different from the holster as the top end is much lighter.

Ive used the factory Colt 22 conversion unit on a couple different 1911s. Mine ran great, and was very accurate on the National match frame. 6" @ 100 yards off the hood of the truck. If I hadn't carried or shot the 1911 much recently, Id run a brick or two of 22s through it and it helped get tuned up. I liked the 22 kit quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Where did you get that deal? .03c per round?
    Just did the math on a calculator and it was actually right at 2 cents a round. Got it at my nearby 3rd World Wally World for $17.49 add egregious sales tax and it was $19.69 for ea. Box.

Got a SIG P229 .22 in my cart. Torn between that and mailing a deadline Form 1 for my old narc unit 870 tomorrow. Brinksmanship is a hoot.

I had a Cadet unit that ran like a sewing machine on my Daddy's .40 CZ and did a story for Harris Pubs on it. Decided not to buy it for Dad because he didn't dig it that much.

Dad passed four years ago and now the 75B is mine. Would rather have him back, but may get a Cadet...
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 07-11-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

User Tag List