Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BLM Protests Death of Alton Sterling

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The officers tried to go less lethal, and it did not work. They went hands on, and the guy still fought. Looks clean to me so far.
    Yeah, but we know what to look for. To laymen, there's two white cops on top of a black guy that proceed to shoot him in the chest. But they're going to see what they want to see anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    There is another video on Instagram that is much better quality and closer. Pretty gory
    That's a much better angle. You can see that the pistol was in his right hand pocket, and that the officers were having trouble controlling his right arm. Good thumbs-forward grip of the guy on the ground.
    Last edited by Chance; 07-06-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Again, people living and dying by the consequences of their actions.

BLM is burning every bit of capital they have by shamelessly defending the most horrid examples of humanity. They are criticizing a local shooting as well: http://www.wtva.com/news/WATCH_LIVE_..._Shumpert.html
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Found this story that said that video appears to show the police removing a gun.

Apparently the shop owner took the video, and he kept it thinking there would be a cover up or something. It sounds like he's trying to absolve Mr. Sterling, but if he did go for a gun wouldn't his video bolster the claims of the officers?

“That’s his gun they are taking out of his pocket. As soon as I finished the video, I put my phone in my pocket. I knew they would take it from me, if they knew I had it. They took my security camera videos. They told me they had a warrant, but didn’t show me one. So I kept this video for myself. Otherwise, what proof do I have?”

I wanna see what happened 3 minutes before they were on the ground fighting a felon with a gun. I doubt BLM does, but I do.
    i used to wannabe

He had a gun, did not tell them. They tell him to get down he does not. You further resist arrest, not looking great. You seem to be going for a gun while resisting arrest? Yeah, not good. I am getting really tired of b l m. And all the crap that comes out of there mouths. Who are they going to call when they are up shit creek without a paddle? Oh yeah the POLICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Found this story that said that video appears to show the police removing a gun.

Apparently the shop owner took the video, and he kept it thinking there would be a cover up or something. It sounds like he's trying to absolve Mr. Sterling, but if he did go for a gun wouldn't his video bolster the claims of the officers?

“That’s his gun they are taking out of his pocket. As soon as I finished the video, I put my phone in my pocket. I knew they would take it from me, if they knew I had it. They took my security camera videos. They told me they had a warrant, but didn’t show me one. So I kept this video for myself. Otherwise, what proof do I have?”
    At the least, it seems to indicate he doesn't understand the law, or has arrived at the assumption police are inherently evil. If he was raised around Yemeni police, that assumption may not be entirely invalid (...I'm guessing. Yemen may have excellent police, I don't know).
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

As long as criminal thugs choose to exercise their "entitlement" to resist lawful orders by LE, they will run the risk of getting shot.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    So, there you are, confronted by a couple cops all up in your grille for (at least by your lights) not doing anything wrong. The downside is that you know you're rolling dirty; if they find the gun in your pocket, you're in deep shit.

How do you think this situation is going to play out any better if you physically don't comply? Is there some point where you think the cops are going to just shrug their shoulders and walk away? Say "Oh, hey, you wrestle good. You can go home"?

By the time you've gotten to the "Yeah, buddy, actually you are being detained" portion of the conversation, you ain't winnin' anything there by the side of the road. It's going to take a lawyer and a judge for you to have any hope of coming out of that situation on top. So what is the possible potential upside of wrestlin' with the po-po there in the parking lot?

I just do not get that.
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-06-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

If you are not in law enforcement and disagree with BLM, please start making your voice heard. I am an officer and this shit is getting ridiculous and really depressing. Posting on pistol-forum.com does not count as making your voice heard.

If there is no counter to BLM from non-cops, it's only going to get worse.

Many innocent people will suffer greatly at the hands of criminals because of what BLM is doing. Many of those innocent people will be poor and black.
    Last edited by BJJ; 07-06-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I may not be a cop, but I'm still hated for my color. White lives don't matter.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List