Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trauma kit partnership and active shooter training

Congrats to the new Captain. I had the opportunity to have lunch with him and the Sheriff last week while you were off gallivanting around the other side of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Being that you're in Georgia, is it reasonable to get your guys to the FLETC tac med class, or have them come to you? ST911 has endorsed it and has brought them in multiple times.

The FLETC active shooter course has some tac-med training incorporated into it, for what it's worth. Possible selling point, two birds with one stone sort of thing.

Truly awesome effort all around, Chief Weems. You're part of an awesome community.
    The captain is an ALERT instructor and is using that model for his planning.

I have tried to get into both the FLETC active shooter instructor and tacmed classes only to get wait listed.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My agency, emergency management, just started working on this a few months ago. We now have TQs and other BCON equpment in all the courthouse first aid stations. I am working with the sheriff to get training for all county personnel and then to our schools and residents. I'll be attending the Dark Angel class in Longmont CO next month and will get certified to teach ALEERT in TX at the conference in November.

Please share information on your program as it develops. It will save us a ton of time and money reinventing the wheel, or as COL Chinn always said, "Only steal from the best."

Thanks.
    Last edited by MolonLabe416; 07-08-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List