Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nypd ready for isis

Nypd ready for isis

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-ready-...ry?id=40259672

That's nice.

We aren't.

We aren't even close.

What happened in Bangladesh? Yeah, it'd be worse here with more LEO casualties.

The truth sucks...and the paper pushers love it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

They're not either, neither are we.

It'll be the individual efforts of officers and small group efforts that will make or break the day.

Saying that we aren't ready for a terrorist attack is sort of weaksauce, honestly.
    If you're talking about bangladesh, orlando, mumbai, Charlie hebdo, et al, no, you can never be prepared for it unless you already have a swat team on scene when they decide to attack Ala Texas (wait a second, there's an example of us being ready for it).

With that said, this is just a news article, and only about NYPD's most visible effort. There are other major agencies in NY working counter-terrorism in both overt and low-vis operations, too. I'm not saying they're completely ready and that nothing can happen in NY....that's just not a realistic end-state, and chasing that goal would be a fools errand.

I think the conversation could be more productive if you could pick out specific flaws that can be realistically changed. Posting a link to an entire article and then dissing the entire notion of their preparation efforts is too vague and reeks of chest thumping as opposed to thoughtful critique.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm not saying they're completely ready and that nothing can happen in NY....that's just not a realistic end-state, and chasing that goal would be a fools errand.
    Even if we could reach that end state, would you want to live in that kind of country?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Saying that we aren't ready for a terrorist attack is sort of weaksauce, honestly.
    If you're talking about bangladesh, orlando, mumbai, Charlie hebdo, et al, no, you can never be prepared for it unless you already have a swat team on scene when they decide to attack Ala Texas (wait a second, there's an example of us being ready for it).

With that said, this is just a news article, and only about NYPD's most visible effort. There are other major agencies in NY working counter-terrorism in both overt and low-vis operations, too. I'm not saying they're completely ready and that nothing can happen in NY....that's just not a realistic end-state, and chasing that goal would be a fools errand.

I think the conversation could be more productive if you could pick out specific flaws that can be realistically changed. Posting a link to an entire article and then dissing the entire notion of their preparation efforts is too vague and reeks of chest thumping as opposed to thoughtful critique.
    You take an article and three lines of a post turn into something that it's not even remotely intended to be.

Do you think I don't know anything you posted? Do you think I haven't already posted numerous times in other various threads real issues I've seen in numerous PDs?

Instead of posting something constructive, yourself, you post something like this then complain about chest thumping and lacking thoughtful critique.

Seriously, next time don't even post.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Well I guess that's about par the course.

Tell me something, did you expect me to post some opsec info on my PD so that members on an open board can talk about it? You know, like deployments, manpower, equipment-based ability, etc? That's essentially what you were asking for.

You want to talk about something productive instead of trying to be the biggest dick in the thread, which is very par the course for you? How about referring to what I already stated, like paper-pushers not wanting to allow personal rifles, better training, better equipment.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Tell me something, did you expect me to post some opsec info on my PD so that members on an open board can talk about it? You know, like deployments, manpower, equipment-based ability, etc? That's essentially what you were asking for.

You want to talk about something productive instead of trying to be the biggest dick in the thread, which is very par the course for you? How about referring to what I already stated, like paper-pushers not wanting to allow personal rifles, better training, better equipment.
    VDM,

I never asked for you to post info on your PD, and you haven't stated "paper-pushers not wanting to allow personal rifles, better training, better equipment" until now.

Though, in response to that I'd say NYPD establishing the CT bureau is a response to the Mumbai attack, and wanting more guys on the street with rifles, better training, and better equipment.

There's really no reason to be so riled up, man. You don't have to act like this. Just cool off.

VDM,

I never asked for you to post info on your PD, and you haven't stated "paper-pushers not wanting to allow personal rifles, better training, better equipment" until now.

Though, in response to that I'd say NYPD establishing the CT bureau is a response to the Mumbai attack, and wanting more guys on the street with rifles, better training, and better equipment.

There's really no reason to be so riled up, man. You don't have to act like this. Just cool off.
    Yeah...you did...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS
    I think the conversation could be more productive if you could pick out specific flaws that can be realistically changed.
    500-ish officer's for a city as large as NYC? That's like putting a band aid on arterial bleed.

...and reeks of chest thumping as opposed to thoughtful critique.
    You starting your shit post...

You shit posting.

You projecting your shit-posting on to someone who called you on it.

Believe it or not, maybe it's difficult to self-critique on the internet, but you have done this very often on this board. Posting something off the wall and completely shitty, then get defensive when someone calls you on it, then post something like "just cool off" as if posted text has any type of emotion inflection you can derive a status which would require someone to "just cool off."

Serious dude, you fucked up with your shit posting, own it, and lets move on.
    VDMSR.com

okay.

User Tag List