Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

Does anyone have a .pdf copy of a FBI IP-1 bullseye target? The closest I've found is the 10-8 bullseye.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If you've got the dimensions, I can make you one.
    That's a really nice offer Tom. There was some discussion about the differences between a B-8 and an IP-1 in the FBI Bullseye Course thread - here's the info @Wayne Dobbs posted.

While I always thought the two bulls were the same, I read this and wondered. So....I went out to my target stash and got an NRA official B-8 and an official FBI bull (LE Targets FBI-IP 1) and a caliper. Following are the diameters of the 10 rings and the nine ring (the bull image):

FBI:

10 Ring - 3.355" (8.84 square inches)
    9 Ring - 5.455" (23.37 square inches)

NRA B-8:

10 Ring - 3.35" (8.81 square inches)
    9 Ring - 5.55" (24.19 square inches)

So, the FBI's 10 ring is a TINY bit wider and its overall bullseye image diameter is a bit smaller than the B8. Sounds like a wash to me on that. The FBI's eight ring is 0.2" wider overall than the B-8, but I can't get overall dimensions of the two eight rings with my caliper.

It seems like the IP-1 is really close but not exactly a B-8. It eliminates the X ring in favor of the larger 10 ring, and then repositions the scoring numbers so the 10 is in the center of the bull.

Printable Targets

I am going to attempt to shoot some Bill Drills tomorrow so I made a facsimile of a USPSA A Zone Metric Target based on the dimensions in Appendix B3 of the Feb 2014 Rulebook.

I can't print but 8 1/2 x 11 so I made the A zone box 15cm x 26 cm but the actual A zone from the target dimensions is I believe 15cm x 28cm. So this is a little bit shorter than a proper A zone.

my_uspsa_body_ver2.pdf

Last edited by RJ; 09-22-2018 at 07:48 PM.

USPSA Target and Introduction

I joined the forum just so I could contribute to this thread. I downloaded all of the targets here and started learning vector drawing in Inkscape to see if I could start designing my own. I really enjoy it and I've come up with a bunch of my own designs as well as public domain competition targets I've made to exact measurements. All of my targets come in 2 versions: a full size PDF and a PDF broken into 9 US Letter sheets of paper that piece together to form the full target. Some of my targets also come in 2 sheet versions meant to be stacked on top of one another. The full size PDF can be printed on a larger format poster printer if you are lucky enough to have access to one, or scaled down to whatever size if you want a small target for dry fire or to simulate longer distance. The 9 sheet versions will have 0.16" margins on each sheet to accommodate most laser printers as very few (which are very expensive) have the ability to print edge to edge. I use a paper cutter to trim these margins quickly for a seamless large target. On all formats, select the option to print actual size.

USPSA Metric Target
    Features:
    - Correct measurments to current rulebook.
    - Subdued zone lines
    - Extra A zones in upper left and right corners

Full PDF: USPSA-Full.pdf
    9 sheet US Letter: USPSA-9 sheets US Letter.pdf

Name:  USPSA-Full.jpg
Views: 12304
Size:  15.3 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-22-2018 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Updated files and intro.

USPSA combined with NRA Bulls

USPSA Target combined with NRA bulls. The bull targets are very subdued an have no colored rings to blend into the background. The head has a B-16 bull and the body has a B-8 bull. Also, there is a 3x5 rectangle around the head A zone, which allows you to run the F.A.S.T. drill on this target using the outer ring of the B-8.

Full PDF: USPSA-NRA Bulls-Full.pdf
    9 Piece US Letter PDF: USPSA-NRA Bulls-9 sheets US Letter.pdf

Name:  USPSA-NRA Bulls-Full.jpg
Views: 8402
Size:  19.4 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-23-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: New updated version of targets.

USPSA A Zones with NRA Bulls - 2 sheets

This is a minimalist training target based on my USPSA target with NRA Bulls. The idea behind this target is getting the most use out of 2 sheets of US Letter paper possible to minimize time piecing together large targets. The range I shoot at has both large and small target stands, and these fit well on the small ones. The intent here is to paste the head target above the chest target, which will give the same distance between them as the full size USPSA sihouette. Again, there is a 3x5 rectangle over the head A zone which allows the F.A.S.T drill.
    Head bullseye is NRA B-16, Chest Bullseye is NRA B-8. The chest A-zone is slightly shortened to fit on U.S. Letter paper.

A Zone Head B-16 US Letter.pdf
    A Zone Chest B-8 US Letter.pdf

Name:  A Zone Head B-16 US Letter.jpg
Views: 7705
Size:  16.4 KB
    Name:  A Zone Chest B-8 US Letter.jpg
Views: 7927
Size:  18.0 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-22-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Better description and organization of files.

FBI IP-1 Bullseye

Here is my version of the FBI IP-1 Bullseye target requested earlier in the thread.

Full PDF: IP-1 Full.pdf
    US Letter Format PDF: IP-1 US Letter.pdf

Name:  IP-1 Full.jpg
Views: 11290
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  IP-1 US Letter.jpg
Views: 8142
Size:  27.2 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-23-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Updated Files

NRA SR-3

I couldn't find this anywhere on the web, so I made one. This is the NRA SR-3 300 yard rifle target. Not the scaled down version, the actual great big bullseye. The US Letter version prints on 4 sheets, needs margins trimmed.

Full: SR-3 (Full Size).pdf
    4 Piece US Letter: SR-3 (4 sheet US Letter).pdf
    Grey Versions to save toner:
    Full: SR-3 (Grey) Full.pdf
    4 Piece US Letter: SR-3 Grey (4 sheet US Letter).pdf

Name:  SR-3.jpg
Views: 7348
Size:  31.8 KB Name:  SR-3 (Grey) Full.jpg
Views: 8208
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  SR-3 (4 sheet US Letter).jpg
Views: 7206
Size:  25.5 KB Name:  SR-3 (Grey 4 sheet US Letter).jpg
Views: 7412
Size:  21.7 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-22-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Updated Files.

Thanks for posting, especially the IP-1!

User Tag List