Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

Does anyone know what the external detentions of the Q-PT target are, I am all out and wait my shipment from National? National Target has it listed as 20" x 32.25", that doesn't seem wide enough to me. I picked up some slip sheets from work today and want to start cutting target backers and would like to verify the measurements.

Mike

Site Supporter
    I just went and measured one. Your dimensions are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I just went and measured one. Your dimensions are correct.
    Thanks Eric!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Some of the design criteria for the Q-PT target was that it would work with target stands designed for IDPA/ISPC/USPSA targets (which are all ~18" wide) and that none of the target areas on it would be in front of the sticks when using those stands.

There were (and probably still are) a few well known instructors with targets of their own design that put a series of target areas directly in front of the sticks and which resulted in you needlessly destroying them in the course of an afternoon. I found that super annoying, so I made sure Todd's target didn't do that.
    A little for thought goes a long way. My club is flirting with the idea of allowing us to use our own target stands and that is what prompted this thread. I have looked at some plans that call for an 18" wide base but stretching it to 20" makes a lot of sense.

Mike

These targets from Baer Solutions are pretty nice. Enjoy.

Source URL > https://baersolutionsllc.com/page3/

BAER Standards.pdf

Updated Warm up target.pdfUpdated Warm up target.pdf
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

So it’s ok to add to this thread? Cool. I have a couple that I made that I’ve found useful.

Printable Targets

Here is one of my contributions:

My_Basic_Circles.pdf

I call this "My Basic Circles", after an NRA target set I saw a while ago.

Here is how I use it:

- For consistency work, I set the target at 5, or 7, or 10 yards and see if I can put 5/5 in all four circles.
    - For a longer challenge, I try and set the target at 15 yards and try for 16/20 inside the 6" circle.
    - The target features an aiming dot at the center, and a 1" mesh to help estimate group sizes.
    - I put in some text boxes to prompt me to not forget to record the gun and ammo, date shot, actual score and actual range.

Here is how I print it:

- Download *.pdf to a laptop
    - Open the file with Adobe Acrobat(c)
    - Print "actual size"
    - Check sizes with a tape measure; my 3.5" circles measure 3.5", from middle of the line to middle of the line on the other side; same with the 6".
    Last edited by RJ; 06-09-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Updated F.Y.L. target, with 3x5 overlaid on the text box. I like running Spaulding's 2x2x2 drill on it. Same download instructions as Rich's post above.

F.Y.L. Target.pdf
    Taking a break from social media.

Printable Targets

Here is a Stoplight Drill target I made based on the recently posted Drill of the Week.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-274-Stoplight

The drill was created by @backtrail540, and I got his permission to post the target file here. Basically I just took the drill, made a text box, them added a vertical 3x5 outline in OpenOffice Draw, then exported it to a pdf file.

To Print:

- Download *.pdf to a laptop
    - Open the file with Adobe Acrobat(c)
    - Print "actual size"

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RJ; 06-25-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Here is another contribution.

I call it My First Target

A friend of mine wanted to go shooting for the first time, and asked me "can we go to the range?" Despite my protestations, I was unable to convince her I was a new shooter myself, and to seek out a good instructor. In the end, I elected to try and help her out. I asked for and got advice in this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-the-Range-%94

In doing this, I could not find what I thought was a good printable target for a first time shooter, so I made this one.

It features a central aiming dot, a large 8" circle so as to provide a reasonable "success" zone for a first time shooter, and a subtle 1" grid to aid in estimating group sizes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Tag List