Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Confused. Can you give me some dimensions in inches?

Edit, I mean, aside from the novelty factor, if you want it the size of a B8, why not just use a B8? Not trying to be “that guy”, I’m genuinely confused; you are talking about putting rounds in a 5.54” circle? Or the 8 ring?
    Target.pdf
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Name:  thumbnail_Image.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  27.1 KB

Confused. Can you give me some dimensions in inches?

Edit, I mean, aside from the novelty factor, if you want it the size of a B8, why not just use a B8? Not trying to be “that guy”, I’m genuinely confused; you are talking about putting rounds in a 5.54” circle? Or the 8 ring?
    Yes, it's the novelty factor: a "diagnostic target" that actually diagnoses what you're doing wrong, plus it's in the same dimensions of one of the most useful targets in existence.

So, a joke that's actually useful. Make the "you held the gun still" 5.5 inches in diameter (the black of a B8), and the "you moved the gun" the rest of the size of the scoring rings, on an 8.5" x 11" paper.

Bonus if you can make the "you held the gun still" part black, like the... er... black part of a B8
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Ahhhh...ok, light dimly coming on. I'm not able to do anything like that at the moment, but if I get a chance will try and knock something out soonᵗᵐ.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    ...like the... er... black part of a B8
    Yeah...B8...seewhatimsayin'? That's why I was confused (i.e. why not just shoot a B8).

But I get the novelty. Absent the words, reducing this to the lowest possible number of drawing primitives (2), instead of a B-8 with all that scoring ring jazz you could just have a circle, 5.54" in diameter, in white, sitting on a black page. (*) You could use it like this:

Shoot. If you see a hit in the white circle - "you held the gun still"

Shoot. If you see nothing in white circle - "you moved the gun"

Kinda like a steel plate, the size of a B-8 bull.

That'd be pretty easy. I could even put a heart in the middle.

* Playing around with Libre Office Draw is preferable to packing the truck with moving boxes, and besides it's almost time for a Bourbon, so I knocked one up in draft form just now. I'll let ya have a chance to think about it before posting it, though. It looks like a handy way to practice the concepts in the original thread, to be honest.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-14-2022 at 03:20 PM.

@Guerrero

Thoughts?

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  65.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

@Guerrero

Thoughts?

Much bigger font. I want the guy in the next lane to be able to read it.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

@Guerrero

Thoughts?

The gray background uses too much ink

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Much bigger font. I want the guy in the next lane to be able to read it.
    Yeah...no. I think it's ok. I can barely see anything at 7 yards as it is; adding bigger words is just going to be distracting, I reckon. Having said that, I'll come back to it after I print one and shoot it at the square range, but that's going to be till after the holidays.

Looks like an attack of the Cutesies to me.

The range here would sometimes get in targets with nine black circles, maybe 5" diameter, on one large sheet. No rings but the circles are numbered for tracking or for sequencing exercises. I haven't seen any in a while, I guess they are too dull to suit the usual lane rental denizens who like zombies and wild colors.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List