Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

This is related to the Pin Shoot event in Central Lake MI. Reference thread here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....entral-Lake-MI

Attached are two full size printable "Pin" targets. The difference is one has an "X" on it, meant to be used as the "hostage" pin (i.e. shooting this pin incurs a stiff penalty.) Both feature a synopsis / reference of the "pin set" measurements for ease of reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

...and below are attached two "half-size" pin targets. These are scaled versions of the full size, A, and B, just with additional "pins" on each. I find these useful for use on the square range, to be able to set out multiple pins and practice transitions, live. The A version and B version differ by where the hostage pin is placed, allowing for multiple pin sets, if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    What distance is the snubby target to be shot at?

Any 50/200 zero targets for red dots?

BTW, thanks for all the targets! They are very helpful!!
    I'm sorry, I completely missed this question. I am not sure if there is a proscribed range for dot torture. I'm no great shooter, so I use 3 yards for the snubby. That's pretty hard for me with my Ruger LCR.

I don't have any zeroing targets for 50/200 yards. I think I've seen some sighting targets, where the dot / sighting marks differ in elevation by the parallax error induced by the RDS being above the bore axis, that that leads into rifle stuff. I am not a rifle guy, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm sorry, I completely missed this question. I am not sure if there is a proscribed range for dot torture. I'm no great shooter, so I use 3 yards for the snubby. That's pretty hard for me with my Ruger LCR.

I don't have any zeroing targets for 50/200 yards. I think I've seen some sighting targets, where the dot / sighting marks differ in elevation by the parallax error induced by the RDS being above the bore axis, that that leads into rifle stuff. I am not a rifle guy, for sure.
    Thank you very much!!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    What we really need with most of the shooting we do with pistols is to simply move the trigger to the rear without changing our grip or disrupting the gun's alignment on target. Even at extended distance the best shots I fire are usually the result of simply moving the trigger rather than carefully building pressure on it. That's another focus in class.

Properly controlling the trigger is important and requires instruction and reenforcement, but the typical dogma assigned to the topic doesn't serve people well.
    I can't remember where on social media I stumbled across this, but it's the first "joke diagnostic target" I've seen in a very long while that I actually saved.

Name:  F35F522B-D676-4B3E-AAE1-871F86F48C4F.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  31.1 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I can't remember where on social media I stumbled across this, but it's the first "joke diagnostic target" I've seen in a very long while that I actually saved.

Name:  F35F522B-D676-4B3E-AAE1-871F86F48C4F.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  31.1 KB
    Can someone (maybe @RJ ) make me a pdf of this, B8 sized, with the blak as the "you held the gun still" and the "you moved the gun" as the rest?

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Can someone (maybe @RJ ) make me a pdf of this, B8 sized, with the blak as the "you held the gun still" and the "you moved the gun" as the rest?

Hopefully close to what you want, this is a B-8 with the graphic overlaid. Size of the overlay graphic was set to be same as the B-8 black i.e. 9 ring i.e. approx 5.54".

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  29.9 KB

Thoughts? Maybe we should take this to the printed targets thread instead of here?

PS *.pdf is attached for download/print.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-13-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hopefully close to what you want, this is a B-8 with the graphic overlaid. Size of the overlay graphic was set to be same as the B-8 black i.e. 9 ring i.e. approx 5.54".

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  29.9 KB

Thoughts? Maybe we should take this to the printed targets thread instead of here?

PS *.pdf is attached for download/print.
    "you moved the gun" should be outside the bold circle and remove the inner ring. Its too small.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    "you moved the gun" should be outside the bold circle and remove the inner ring. Its too small.
    Agreed. "You held the gun still" should be the 9-10-X and the "you moved..." should be the 7-8 (on an 8.5" x 11" paper).
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Agreed. "You held the gun still" should be the 9-10-X and the "you moved..." should be the 7-8 (on an 8.5" x 11" paper).
    Confused. Can you give me some dimensions in inches?

Edit, I mean, aside from the novelty factor, if you want it the size of a B8, why not just use a B8? Not trying to be “that guy”, I’m genuinely confused; you are talking about putting rounds in a 5.54” circle? Or the 8 ring?

User Tag List