Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Thoughts?

Attachment 98461
    "Shot through the heart and you're to blame
    Darling, you give love a bad name."

Sorry, it's the only thought that came to me.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Much bigger font. I want the guy in the next lane to be able to read it.
    As he's shooting your target and trying to figure out why there's no holes in his target?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    As he's shooting your target and trying to figure out why there's no holes in his target?
    Indeed!
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I took a crack at it. I'm no artist.

Attachment 98521
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I wanted a target with some 1" squares on it, but with the ability to use for general purpose, "what size groups am I shooting today" type of thing. Ended up with this. The rings are from an NRA B-8, with an aiming mark at the center. I shot it today, liked it.

Name:  IMG_2049.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  26.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh. Crap. I am such a moron.

I was just now printing off some B-8 repair centers off my local printer, when for whatever reason I checked the B-8 9 ring for size.

It measured 4.5". 4.5". Just to let that sink in, the correct size of an NRA B-8 is supposed to be 5.54". 5.54". Not 4.5". Mind, I have been printing and using these targets for literally years. I looked (finally) at my scaling settings for my local network printer, and realized it was set to "fit the page" and not "actual size". Actual size. As in, the correct size.

I have been shooting paper targets for at least two years with dimensions approximately 80% of what they should be. All my 1" squares are 0.8". All my 2" circles are 1.6". Etc. Etc. Etc. Meaning every single one of my scored or timed drills or exercises has been that much harder to hit, accurately, within the scoring boxes. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

After this sledgehammer hit me on the side of the head, I reprinted all my targets (B-8, Find Your Level, My First Target, My Quad Squares, My Dot Torture Lite) and WOW! it was like I had reading glasses on, they were so big.

I'm making this post, just in case, someone else is printing off target files from this thread and not getting the correct size of the targets. I mean, I suspect most of you are switched on in this regard (more so than me, that's for sure) but just in case, BE SURE TO TURN PRINTER SCALING OFF, PRIOR TO PRINTING. CHECK TARGET CIRCLES AND BOXES WITH A RULER, JUST TO MAKE SURE.

Oh. Crap. I am such a moron.

I was just now printing off some B-8 repair centers off my local printer, when for whatever reason I checked the B-8 9 ring for size.

It measured 4.5". 4.5". Just to let that sink in, the correct size of an NRA B-8 is supposed to be 5.54". 5.54". Not 4.5". Mind, I have been printing and using these targets for literally years. I looked (finally) at my scaling settings for my local network printer, and realized it was set to "fit the page" and not "actual size". Actual size. As in, the correct size.

I have been shooting paper targets for at least two years with dimensions approximately 80% of what they should be. All my 1" squares are 0.8". All my 2" circles are 1.6". Etc. Etc. Etc. Meaning every single one of my scored or timed drills or exercises has been that much harder to hit, accurately, within the scoring boxes. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

After this sledgehammer hit me on the side of the head, I reprinted all my targets (B-8, Find Your Level, My First Target, My Quad Squares, My Dot Torture Lite) and WOW! it was like I had reading glasses on, they were so big.

I'm making this post, just in case, someone else is printing off target files from this thread and not getting the correct size of the targets. I mean, I suspect most of you are switched on in this regard (more so than me, that's for sure) but just in case, BE SURE TO TURN PRINTER SCALING OFF, PRIOR TO PRINTING. CHECK TARGET CIRCLES AND BOXES WITH A RULER, JUST TO MAKE SURE.
    I learned the horrors of scaling and print settings the hard way in all this target creating, I feel your pain. You can unintentionally alter a shape's dimensions when changing stroke measurements as well when creating vector shapes, I've got a habit now of triple checking dimensions before I add another layer.

General Skills Target

This is a target design I created out of a desire to have a legal sized general use pistol target I can make sure I always have on hand. My piece together large target has come a long way from what I've posted earlier, but sometimes I just don't have time or don't want to mess with putting together a large target. I find this target useful for a lot of different drills and zeroing, especially when I'm shooting a low round count that day between RSO duties and just want to get some useful training rounds downrange in a short time.
    - Print on Legal sized paper. Most printers can do this, the tray can expand out.
    - Top rectangle is 3"x5"
    - Bullseye is based on the FBI/10-8 dimensions with spokes to make it useful for zeroing
    - circles are 1"
    - measurement grid overlay is 1"
    Skills Target (Legal).pdf

Name:  2023-02-28 23_31_25-Skills Target (Legal).pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (64-bit).jpg
Views: 575
Size:  29.0 KB

25 Yard Pistol Optic Zero Target

Here is my version of a 25 yard pistol optic zero target. I played around with a lot of aiming point concepts and landed on this one as the easiest to center the dot. I've also found with close distance targets that a grid smaller than the bullet holes is too distracting, so I settled on a 1/2" square grid. The aiming point works well with all the current dot sizes available as well as the Holosun circle dot reticle.
    Pistol Red Dot Zero 25 yards (Adjusted MOA).pdf

Name:  Pistol Red Dot Zero 25 yards (Adjusted MOA).jpg
Views: 477
Size:  42.5 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 03-13-2023 at 12:16 PM.

After this sledgehammer hit me on the side of the head, I reprinted all my targets
    (B-8, Find Your Level, My First Target, My Quad Squares, My Dot Torture Lite)
    and WOW! it was like I had reading glasses on, they were so big.
    Don't forget that the B8 target is part of a series of targets which are all about the same MOA
    when shot at the appropriate distance. My goto reference for this is here: www.indecorous.com/bullseye/rings.html

I do not understand why the B3 (similar to B8 to be shot at 16.7 yards) in particular
    is not a more popular target, its aiming black 3.0 inches is closer to the anatomical
    targets (3x5 inch card) suggested by Bolke and Douglas.

You might wish to investigate which scaling settings will produce the B3 or B5 targets.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

User Tag List