Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    On the "B-8 Skull Target" above, the "X" is too low--it should be at the eye socket, not the nose.
    I agree, but it was requested that way. I'll make it the right way if anyone wants it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Evolution of my own target designs.

I haven't been active on here in a while, but I've been working quite a bit on a series of training targets on my own. They are based around anatomy and standards that I want to obtain as a shooter. As I get closer to what I would consider "Version 1.0" I'd like some feedback on if you think that the concept of printable targets that piece together from US Letter sized paper is valuable or desirable to folks other than myself. I've grown used to using a paper cutter to trim margins and using 3M 77 spray to attach them to cardboard backers, and find it very convenient for my use. However, my range has 24x24 and 24x48 target stands and I'm not sure if this is standard or just unique to me. I'm contemplating creating a digital download store for some of these and just trying to gauge interest. I'd appreciate feedback, here's what I've been working on the past months.
    Some explanation on target zones:
    1. Solid outlines are primary hit zones.
    2. Dotted outlines are secondary hit zones.
    3. Crosshairs represent the best possible impact on target.
    4. 2 MOA dots on head and chest represent height over bore hold point for an AR-15 (absolute co-witness assumed).
    5. Grid overlay is 1" squares for group measurement.
    6. Numbered circules match the dot torture drill and are multi-use aiming points for diagnostic shots.
    7. I haven't added zones to the anatomy targets yet, because I feel like it's way obvious if your hits are effective on those.

Name:  20190330_110452.jpg
Views: 2410
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  20190609_123849.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  20190915_103057.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  20190601_103152.jpg
Views: 2353
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  Tactical Silhouette (Anatomy).jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 09-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I made up this target today to support some one-handed shooting drills I want to try at the range. It was inspired by @Greg 's thread, here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....869#post920869

The target is a pair of 5" circles. Left one is for a string with the left hand, right one for the right hand. I superimposed a 4" square grid, to estimate group sizes, and put a 1/4" dot to have as an aiming reference in the center.

Attachment 44514

This draws targets for me.

I use this handy thing to draw targets on old Amazon boxes.

The dimensions are right on for AP1 targets.

http://www.targettwister.com

Name:  IMG_2324.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  36.4 KB

My results...

Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 2074
Size:  61.5 KB

I wanted to have a 1/3 scale B8 target today to go with a 1/3 USPSA target that I bought at the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. So I took the standard B8 ring dimensions, scaled them 1/3, and drew one up:

Name:  IMG_7237.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  17.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been meaning to try and start to practice some of the Gabe White Technical Standards at my local square range.

I contacted @Mr_White, who graciously gave me permission to reference them for an attempt to design a target using 8 1/2 x 11 paper that I could use.

Below is version v3; it features an approximation of a USPSA A zone, as well as a superimposed 4" circle. I also included a brief textual summary of each of the four skills test, as well as the web link. Many thanks to Gabe for letting me bug him by email.

Name:  IMG_7442.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  24.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have been meaning to try and start to practice some of the Gabe White Technical Standards at my local square range.

I contacted @Mr_White, who graciously gave me permission to reference them for an attempt to design a target using 8 1/2 x 11 paper that I could use.

Below is version v3; it features an approximation of a USPSA A zone, as well as a superimposed 4" circle. I also included a brief textual summary of each of the four skills test, as well as the web link. Many thanks to Gabe for letting me bug him by email.

Name:  IMG_7442.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  24.9 KB
    Great! But in the notes...
    NOTES:
    A ZONE BOX IS 5.9” X 10.10” (APPROX USPSA A ZONE)
    CIRCLE IS 4” WITH 1” GRIP

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Great! But in the notes...
    Crap! Damn touch typing.

Thanks, I will fix that.

I was thinking it would be useful to have a Dot Torture target with less than 50 rounds, given the current ammo situation.

Below is 20 round version, with the same sequence, just less rounds.

Name:  IMG_7645.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  31.1 KB

Standard rules for printing; no scaling, it's a PDF file. Circles should be 2", exactly.

EDIT: I can't seem to add the pdf version of the file. I am having issues in uploading. If/when I can get this problem worked out, I will upload the printable PDF.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-13-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Here is the PDF:

User Tag List