Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyal, “Prep Time”

Dyal, “Prep Time”

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...accuracy-drill

It’s challenging, as advertised. I shot it with a PX4CC. Holster stages were from a Kramer belt scabbard under a fleece vest.

Out of nine shots within the time limits (the first shot was both overtime and a clean miss), I got seven somewhere in the head and four in the Post-It note.

You have to get your head right for this one.

Site Supporter
    Shot this as my warm-up with a Boresight 365xL/407k today. Only cleaned the aimed-in/low ready strings. I rushed on the draws and threw shots.
    I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbway View Post
    Shot this as my warm-up with a Boresight 365xL/407k today. Only cleaned the aimed-in/low ready strings. I rushed on the draws and threw shots.
    I like this one.
    Yep-I like it too for what I'd call "graduated discipline". The times are just fine, but the pressure of the little beeping box puts a nice element into it.
    I first shot 10 for 10 if we're counting edgers and was feeling pretty sporty. I apparently need some remedial reading training as the note on the silhouette face was at 7 yards-dang it! Realized my mistake as I sat down to post this and went out on break and shot 7/10; as said in the article, "a good start".
    GEN5 19MOS w/ACRO, JMCK holster unconcealed, illuminated indoor range.
    I will definitely keep at this and try it with my G43 and irons @6 yards or so-good one!

Shot this today, pretty sporty but all under par.
    P2000sk v1 LEM
    Night Fision FS
    10-8 RS
    Blue 125TC

Don't worry about that little guy up top.

9/10

Name:  20230201_151223.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  29.5 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Ran this today. Gear was Gen 3 G19, 507C, JMC kydex AIWB under a T shirt. First attempt had 5/10 (if we're counting edge hits) but my final shot was 0.11 seconds over time.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230204_193352.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  25.7 KB

Came back later in the session and shot everything in par and scored 8/10. My recoil anticipation says "Hi!" (10th shot, I think).
    Name:  Screenshot_20230204_193650.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  13.3 KB
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-04-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Shot it today with the 3 guns I am currently using. (365XL/EPS Carry, Staccato C2/507c ACSS, Legion X-Carry/DPP). When I first looked at this I thought the par times seemed pretty overly generous, but when you actually get out to 10 yards and look at that 3X3 post it, (I folded a 3X5 in half) it doesn't seems so easy. I had one miss with the XL and one with the Legion. As far as how it felt, the XL was so much harder to shoot with the stock trigger than the other 2 guns.

365XL
    1) .33
    2) 1.58
    3) 2.4
    4) 3.4 1M

Staccato C2
    1) .23
    2) 1.01
    3) 2.5
    4) 3.27

Legion X-Carry
    1) .53 (mental breakdown of attention)
    2) 1.66
    3) 2.39
    4) 2.58 1M

Iron sight week this week for me, to reacquaint myself with "classic" gear. Two weapons: a GEN5 19 w/a Heinie gold bead front and a G43 w/orange BOLD night sights. 19 @10 yards; fudged a bit with G43 and did those strings @5yards;issued triggers, 147 practice ammo.
    Sucking right now @10w/19 and irons-5/10-but I'll get better. Makes an old guy appreciate optics! The G43 went better:9/10, miss just under target area.
    This little exercise made me realize on "gun out" strings I need to tighten up on grip. I'm (usually) getting my hits on the draw strings because I try to be aggressive("draw like you mean it")as many folks recommend.
    I'll hit again(w/more hits!)

If at first you don't succeed...

End of day run at this on lit indoor range. Duty G45 w/red EPS(T&E sample); ammo was 147 practice ball. I admit to shooting it "lukewarm" in that I did a couple of dry snaps @1sec.first. Holster was a JMCK IWB unconcealed.
    If we count partials, 9 for 10. Interesting again, my shots from the draw were full diameter. All times under the pars.
    Very good short eval for focus and trigger work.

One and a half runs at it…

I had 15 rounds left after a couple of drills at the end of the day. On indoor range, I loaded 5 in my personal G26 with Bold orange front night sight. 5 for 5 at 5 yards, one run each string.
    8/10 hits at 10 yards, with a G45 under a red 6moa EPS. Those off were (I think) the 2nd round on the two shot presentations. I just rushed the second shot-there is time for me.
    Neat little exercise. I’ll try it at least a couple of times monthly.

Another 1.5 runs at it.

I started with a G45 w/red 6MOA EPS and TLR8Green Streamlight mounted. My misses-just barely off, says the rationalizing ego, are the second shots on the two shot draw. I'm just rushing the press. 8/10 or 80%. 6 rounds left, so 5 from 10 yards with the 19MOS/ACRO: 4/5 or 80% again. This pleases and relieves me a bit as it indicates I'm not becoming dependent so far on the test Performance Trigger in the 45. Last round I put in my ankle G43, moved up to 5 yards, and got a hit on the note within two seconds from the ready.
    I'll keep at it 'til I clean it!

User Tag List