Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Targets

9 Sheet Target Proof of Concept

I just got done assembling my latest target design with spray glue on a 24x35 sheet of cardboard to see it full size, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to post a picture of what these piece-together targets look like when assembled. Margins are trimmed off to make a seamless picture. If you also trim the right and left sides, this would fit on the 4 18"x 34" cardboard backers you can cut out of a Home Depot box for $1.50 or so. Bella the Boston Terrier is photobombing for scale.

Name:  20181023_200634.jpg
Views: 3992
Size:  31.4 KB

A better mousetrap for multiple page printing.

I've been experimenting and it turns out that my 9 sheet PDFs are really unnecessary as there is a better way to print multiple sheets from the full size target file.

Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the full size pdf, open the print dialog, hit the "Poster" button and choose these settings.

Name:  2018-10-25 18_21_25-Advanced Training Silhouette - Full.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jpg
Views: 4453
Size:  42.7 KB
    You can also change the printer to "Print to PDF" to make a broken up document. As long as the tile scale is set to 100%, the target dimensions will remain unchanged and to scale. If your dialog box looks different, upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Another way that works is if you have Microsoft publisher. Create a new Publisher document that is the same size as the PDF, insert the PDF, resize it to cover the entire page, and then hit print. If your paper size is set to Letter, Publisher will automatically split into multiple sheets. You can select to do the 9 sheet layout instead of 8 by changing back to portrait mode, whereas Adobe Reader doesn't have that option.

Name:  2018-10-25 16_47_04-Publication1 - Publisher.jpg
Views: 3854
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  20181025_182735.jpg
Views: 3842
Size:  25.9 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 10-25-2018 at 06:28 PM.

I was wanting to shoot some 1" squares, so I made this one; I call it "Don't be a Square!".

My_dont_be_a_square.pdf

B-8 Skull Target

Requested from a forum member:
    B-8 Bullseye over a life size skull, US Letter size.
    Name:  2019-04-01 12_50_22-Window.jpg
Views: 3835
Size:  29.3 KB
    Skull B-8 Head Target.pdf

Shotgun Pattern Target

Requested by forum member:

Shotgun Pattern Target

- 16 inch bullseye with circles in 2" increments towards the center
    - Prints on 4 US Letter pages and assembles into one large target
    - margins need to be trimmed for a seamless target
    - 1" grid background for group measuring

Shotgun Pattern 4 sheet.pdf

Name:  2019-04-03 17_07_11-Shotgun Pattern.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png
Views: 4471
Size:  34.6 KB

Printable Targets

I created a smaller version of the Discretionary Command Training Target, A, for my use. I left the source file and pdf in color, but I print it in B&W.

It is obviously a bit smaller than the normal DC2T.

Last edited by RJ; 08-14-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Printable Targets

I was musing in another thread about inventing a target focused on a mix of the USPSA head box, and an anthropometrically correct head shape.

I spent a few minutes doing that tonight, and decided to add the circles representing a set of NRA B-8 Repair Center X/10/9 rings, and this is the result. I wanted something that I could score on as well as focus on evaluating how well I did against a go/no go criteria (only hits count) but also see where my shots landed against an actual (ok, well more or less) head box of two eyes, nose and mouth-like shapes. Plus it does not look too wierd that I can't put it up at the range and not have someone in the next stall wonder what the heck I'm shooting a person for.

Now looking at it it reminds me of Thomas the Tank Engine lol (If anyone remembers those kids toys; my son loved them).
    Last edited by RJ; 09-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Printable Targets

Today I shot a target design suggested by @DocGKR, modified to fit onto an 8 1/2 x 11 printer paper. It was to represent the ocular window with the 3 x 5, and the thoracic cavity with the 4 x 6. I just stuck them on a design and printed. I decided to add a 1/2" black aiming dot to the boxes.

In case it is of use to someone, I decided to post up the pdf here.

Attachment 42322

I used it today during my local range visit, which included shooting two cylinders of my LCR .38 and Federal Gold Medal Match wadcutters @ 5 yards: (no idea where round #10 landed).

Last edited by RJ; 09-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

On the "B-8 Skull Target" above, the "X" is too low--it should be at the eye socket, not the nose.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Revised v5 of the one I did to incorporate Doc's comment.

User Tag List