Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Printable Targets

  1. #91
    Keeping on with the theme of "lite" targets in view of the ammo shortage, last night I came upon the idea to thin out a great consistency drill by Guerilla Approach.

    Greg Ellifritz talks about it's use, here:

    https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...sistency-drill

    The target is downloadable, here:

    https://guerrillaapproach.com/consistency-target-free/

    I took the same concept and tried to design a target that allowed the same drill, but tailored for 10 rounds. I assigned a par time of 10 seconds. (The GA target uses a Par of 25 seconds, for 24 rounds, but has a reload, typically). The course of fire is the same; put 1 round in each of the 1" circles, and 2 rounds in the 2" circles. A miss is 1.0 s penalty, and the suggested range is 3 yards.

    Name:  IMG_8049.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  50.7 KB

    My_Consistency_Target_v1.pdf

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Keeping on with the theme of "lite" targets in view of the ammo shortage, last night I came upon the idea to thin out a great consistency drill by Guerilla Approach.

    Greg Ellifritz talks about it's use, here:

    https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...sistency-drill

    The target is downloadable, here:

    https://guerrillaapproach.com/consistency-target-free/

    I took the same concept and tried to design a target that allowed the same drill, but tailored for 10 rounds. I assigned a par time of 10 seconds. (The GA target uses a Par of 25 seconds, for 24 rounds, but has a reload, typically). The course of fire is the same; put 1 round in each of the 1" circles, and 2 rounds in the 2" circles. A miss is 1.0 s penalty, and the suggested range is 3 yards.
    Purely a personal preference, but I realized what I really wanted out of this was a way to practice 1" SQUARES, not circles. So I redid a V2 of this with 1" squares and 2" circles. All the rest is the same.

    Name:  IMG_8071.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  55.9 KB

    My_Consistency_Target_v2.pdf

    I did end up shooting the original target at the range yesterday, at 3 yards. Man this is useful drill. My score was 3/10, untimed; I was shooting at a 1 per second pace. Very good for focusing on the problem at hand, and the transitions from small to big and back again really messes with you, even at 3 yards. I think this is a good way to start and end a range session; and at 10 rounds per, very much aligns with my goal of having something that matches up to my 10 round carry gun (G48), as well as giving you a trackable metric with reduced round count.

  3. #93
    Member @kjr_29 asked in in a recent thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....82#post1171682) about a Dot Torture for DA revolvers.

    After some discussion and excellent input from him and @Duelist, we put together this course of fire for a five shot snubby, which I entered into a printable pdf, below:

    Name:  IMG_8155.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  37.9 KB

    My_Dot_Torture_Lite__Snubby_v1.pdf

  4. #94
    I made up a couple "zero" targets to help me with my new Holosun 507c. I did this partly because I wanted to make sure I understood MOA, and the relative sizes of the reticle at typical ranges I shoot, and to use as a means of sighting in the MRDS on my pistol.

    I created two, one for a 10 yards zero and one for 25 yards. The targets have circles to represent both elements of the sight on the Holosun optic (a 2 MOA dot and a 32 MOA circle), and a cross hatched grid of squares with sizes that relate to 1 MOA at the specified range.

    10 yard Zero Target:

    My_MRDS_ZERO_AT_10.pdf

    25 yard Zero Target:

    My_MRDS_ZERO_AT_25.pdf

    Name:  IMG_8224.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  39.8 KB

  5. #95
    Site Supporter JM Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I made up a couple "zero" targets to help me with my new Holosun 507c. I did this partly because I wanted to make sure I understood MOA, and the relative sizes of the reticle at typical ranges I shoot, and to use as a means of sighting in the MRDS on my pistol.

    I created two, one for a 10 yards zero and one for 25 yards. The targets have circles to represent both elements of the sight on the Holosun optic (a 2 MOA dot and a 32 MOA circle), and a cross hatched grid of squares with sizes that relate to 1 MOA at the specified range.

    10 yard Zero Target:

    My_MRDS_ZERO_AT_10.pdf

    25 yard Zero Target:

    My_MRDS_ZERO_AT_25.pdf

    Name:  IMG_8224.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  39.8 KB
    @HCM need to print these up and add to your target folder because Iíll always forget them. [emoji2357]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

  6. #96
    Site Supporter richiecotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    There used to be a orange B8 posted in the thread...could anyone repost the link/image or recreate. Just a B8 with the 9 and 10 rings ( in orange instead of black.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

    -read on another forum

  7. #97
    Hawaiian Shirt Crustacean Guerrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The 414
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    There used to be a orange B8 posted in the thread...could anyone repost the link/image or recreate. Just a B8 with the 9 and 10 rings ( in orange instead of black.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From context, it looks like that was a @Tom_Jones post, all of which have been disappeared.
    Oversimplification is a very efficient way to make yourself stupid.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    There used to be a orange B8 posted in the thread...could anyone repost the link/image or recreate. Just a B8 with the 9 and 10 rings ( in orange instead of black.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B-8 (orange).pdf

  9. #99
    Some variations on the B-8 target.

    This link opens to my Google Drive account (I hope that is acceptable). https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

  10. #100
    Member LOBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    What distance is the snubby target to be shot at?

    Any 50/200 zero targets for red dots?


    BTW, thanks for all the targets! They are very helpful!!

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •