Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panteao Hasn't Paid Paul Howe

I gave up on Panty-ho a long time ago and saved my money. Sure there were nuggets here and there but blowing the time to actually practice results in a lot more personal progress. That and they're apparently organized and run by a shitbag.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

That's disappointing. They have some really good instructors on there, even by p-f standards. At least I think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Play with criminals, deal with the consequences. Some of our guys here have had very bad experiences with Fernando...it amazes me that other upstanding guys will get into bed with a criminal. I hope Paul gets the money he's due.
    Pretty much that.
    3/15/2016

I know I'm a little late to this discussion.

Regardless of Coehlo's character, their streaming video business model is flawed. Twice I've watched everything I wanted to in their catalog without paying a cent.

Once, they ran a special "First month free. Cancel at anytime." I watched the couple of videos I was interested in and cancelled a week later. Didn't pay anything.

More recently, they gave away a free month in an insert in Recoil mag. I watched a couple and forgot about. Didnt have to sign up with a credit card or verify my email. I didn't pay anything.

There isn't enough interesting content to keep me as a streaming customer, and I'm into training ideas and different techniques as much or more than anybody. But I'm not going to watch five different carbine 101 videos and five different pistol 101 videos (a couple of which are from not very good instructors). Plus, I'm not a prepper, so that portion off the catalog has no draw for me.

I have paid for single video streams/downloads from Stoeger and Proctor, so I'm not a complete cheapskate.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Paul has published an update on his website. Things have evidently not improved.

I have e-mails dating back to 2010 with Fernando at Panteao and weighed my decision to do business with him at that time. I knew he had two previous business ventures and I received some bad news reference the first one from people I did not know well and I did not know if it was a personality conflict or a valid problem.

After much deliberation I made a decision to work with Fernando and give him a chance. Yes, I believe in giving people chances. We are in a people business.

We made quality videos and it was a learning experience for both of us. I never worked with a crew before, so I took some grief that I did not like at first and then dropped the hammer on them and their organizational issues. I taught them how to do op orders and organize their filming and to rehearse it the night before. I was getting warn out as a prop, going through 3-4 shirts on a hot filming day while they were behind the camera in shorts and a t-Shirt.

We produced some quality videos. My intent was to make basic shooting videos so instructor students knew what to practice before they got to CSAT and were tested. I want students to have a positive experience and succeed if they put the proper effort into it.

I have been paid well by Fernando and we have a contract reference our work. I have tried to help and mentor him over the years as I want him to be successful and do well. If he does well, all the instructors do well.

With that, my streaming alone brings in 25% of the volume, the next instructors are at about 7%. As for DVD sales, I have done twelve videos, selling over 15,000. It takes at least 1,000 to recoup production costs. During the many video filmings that were done, I provided lodging to Fernando and his crew at no charge to save hotel costs. I wanted to make it work.

Fast forward six years to today and things are slipping a bit. Not to air dirty laundry, but to educate and kill rumors, is the reason I am writing this letter. I have had to separate from Panteao for non-payment of royalties. It went from slow payments, to slow 1/2 payments to no payments. I will not speak for other instructors, just myself. I recently found out that there were other issues that go back years that I was unaware of.
    Not that I expected Fernando do rectify the problem.... This continues to suck.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    And Paul has finally severed relations:

We have spent over 30 days trying to resolve a contract dispute with Panteao Productions, LLC and Fernando Coelho. While we have made every effort to try to discuss the issue with Panteao and Fernando, he has been unwilling to try to resolve the situation. At this point, we have decided that it is in the best interest of CSAT to cease our relationship with Panteao Productions, LLC. As of today, September 12, 2016, CSAT and Paul Howe are no longer associated with Panteao Productions, LLC and will not do any future projects for them. We are also not receiving any royalties on past work done for Panteao Productions, LLC.
    I'm going to assume all of the instructors are being treated the same way.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List