Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LE Thoughts on Autonomous Cars

I wonder how many lovebugs* it would take to clog one of those stop sensors.

*those bugs endemic to Florida full of fast setting epoxy who love to fill our roadways twice a year

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Every time I see a car commercial touting the automatic braking thing, I think, "But what if I WANT to ram something?"
    Well, now I know there are at least two of us.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Wishing the car technology genie (or the database/ubiquitous camera panopticon/lost privacy genie) would go back into the bottle is no more realistic than wishing the gun genie would go back in the bottle.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    As someone who just finished ~40 hours of driving in 72 hours of daylight, I would love automated cars. Especially if they can maintain a reaction distance worth a damn. This is my biggest pet peeve - I don't think exceeding the speed limit is dangerous per se, but if you're doing it 6" off the bumper of the car in front of you then I will hate you and your whole family forever. Takes nothing but a dropped cigarette to turn that situation into a 2+ car pileup. If computers could maintain a proper 1-2 car length following distance that would be worth it in and of itself...

also, not LE. but an angry driver!

User Tag List