Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot timer recommendations?

I've got a CED-8000, it looks like an old game boy with flip screen, eats 9V batteries, and is apparently not very durable based on the reports of others. They're discontinued now, as well. I like the form factor, but they were never very popular.

So yeah, id get a pocket pro II if outdoor only or a shotmaxx if indoor mainly.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 07-02-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

oops double post.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 07-02-2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: tapatalk app FUBAR
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I have a PP2 and I use it in an indoor range regularly. Here are my amateur tips:
    1) Lay it on the side so the microphone pics up directionally towards your belly.
    2) I have the sensitivity on 2 or 3 IIRC
    3) Make sure an operator running a 308 on a 15 yd indoor range isn't going all CoD on you and you'll be fine.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I have a Pact Club Timer 3 and it has always worked. I shoot outdoors almost exclusively.

The interface leaves a lot to be desired.

Out of the niceness of my heart, and the fact that I've grabbed the last two, there is another CED-6000 for sale on E-Bay. Not my auction or anything but these things are SOLID.

Link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Competitive-.../152162527432?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Out of the niceness of my heart, and the fact that I've grabbed the last two, there is another CED-6000 for sale on E-Bay. Not my auction or anything but these things are SOLID.

Link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Competitive-.../152162527432?
    I loved my 6000. I traded up into the 8000 (Game boy) model and love it as well. Repeatable par-times, fairly big display, ear plugs come in handy doing dry fire in hotel rooms. I like the idea of the 7000 but it's small. I like clipping to my belt and being able to easily see the screen. Plus the ability to activate it a from two different locations is good.

If you call CED they often have older models that they get back from clubs etc... At least they used to.

Strange but I have never had a problem with my pocket pro II as far as durability. It just works. The only think I did was put a piece of cardboard next to the battery so that it would not rattle (and disconnect.) It's worked for years, including me dropping it due to my dynamic movement. And by dynamic movement I mean stumbling around and falling down.

I've never used it indoors though. If you're stuck with that I think making the shotmaxx work would be the way to go.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I have a CED7000 that I got as a prize from somewhere. It's worked well for my outdoor needs. Haven't had good success indoors with it though. Probably set too sensitive. Am seriously thinking about getting a Shitmaxx wrist unit or developing an app for my Apple Watch as a fun learn to develop stuff hobby.

I have had a Pocket Pro, a Pocket Pro 2, and now a CED7000. I much prefer the interface and form factor of the 7000 over the others. I cannot speak to how any of these would work indoors as I never used them in that way.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Most any brand will do for timing a match stage.
    I like the CED 7000 and 8000 for practice because they have a multi-string memory so you can do a drill several times and then look up your results instead of having to stop and write times down.

I have seen the occasional 8000 with a broken hinge. But they still worked.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 09-11-2016 at 06:58 PM.

User Tag List