Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Good work deserves praise.

Thank you for the clarification. I've taken over 30 firearms training courses (reputable courses) and can honestly say that though some were quite different, I always learned something. Sometimes different is just different. Just guessing, but I'm thinking that you're original AAR of Gonzales' course was good for the time you took the training, but as you were exposed to different instructors techniques, you're opinion possibly changed.
I think that's fair. Which is why I'm not going to go back and change it, only add a "one year later status check" if you will. I think that, after all the great stuff I'd heard about Jeff, I had higher expectations. Likewise, fearing disappointment after that experience, I went into the D4 class with lower expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.

Another way of looking at it is, even at the moment I left the Gonzales class, I never saw myself taking another from him. But I would definitely do another class with D4.

Sometimes a teaching style does not mesh with a learning style. That's not a knock on Jeff; it's just the way it is.