Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AAR: Kyle Defoor Two Day Pistol , 6/25-26/16

AAR: Kyle Defoor Two Day Pistol , 6/25-26/16

Good write up.

Kyle puts on an excellent class.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Very nice report. Do you mind sharing what ammo Kyle recommended for the 25 and 50 yard shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the detailed AAR. I need to act quick next year and register immedietly for one of his classes. Also curious about his ammo recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Very nice report. Do you mind sharing what ammo Kyle recommended for the 25 and 50 yard shots?
    I was at the same class. I didn't get the impression KD was recommending any specific ammo -- good range ammo from reputable sources is fine -- but rather he was non-recommending that one type the OP referred to.

This was, by the way, one of the best pistol classes I've been to. I measurably improved in several areas that had previously seemed intractable, just across the two days.

Hey guys, OP here.

Kyle insisted that I use his ammo so as not to get frustrated, so I could see what was "me", if you will. He said his ammo was just milspec ball and was free from .gov (I offered to give him some of my crap to replace it, but he wouldn't hear of it).

If you want to get in on one of his classes for 2017, follow him on social media starting probably in early August.

For an alternate view of the same course from one month prior, here were my blog partner's impressions (also hot linked on my article):

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...ay-21-22-2016/

This really was an excellent class and made the class I took with Jeff Gonzales a year ago look like a waste of money and ammo (AAR of that class, and all the classes I've taken, is also on my blog).
    Last edited by 43Under; 06-29-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Sounds like an excellent class. I would definetly want to attend one. Looks as if they sell out pretty quick. Interesting you did so much longer range shooting, I need to incorporate that into my range time.

Excellent write up, very compelling. Y'all kind of drank from the firehose a little. Was there an AI? Were all 14 shooters on the line at once?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Excellent write up, very compelling. Y'all kind of drank from the firehose a little. Was there an AI? Were all 14 shooters on the line at once?
    No AI, just the host who helped with some range setup stuff.

Some stuff we did in a line of 14 (15 with the host). Movement was done in widely spaced groups of four. Moving while shooting done 3 at a time. When he timed us on the draw that was individually administered. And there was one other drill we did as odds and evens. Oh, and the barricade drills were done in threes.
    Last edited by 43Under; 06-29-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks for the detail. I don't doubt that he's good enough to cover that.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List