Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuously humbled by LEM trigger.

I should clarify that my flip and press comments above were describing how Rogers teaches flip and press and not what is necessarily ideal for the LEM trigger.

Ok, thanks GJM and JodyH for clarifying!!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I should clarify that my flip and press comments above were describing how Rogers teaches flip and press and not what is necessarily ideal for the LEM trigger.

I know Rogers trains lots of guys who use conventional DA/SA pistols does he recommend the flip and press for them also? There is no way I could use that method to control an LEM trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I know Rogers trains lots of guys who use conventional DA/SA pistols does he recommend the flip and press for them also? There is no way I could use that method to control an LEM trigger.
    Sounds to me like it would be in place during multiple shot strings, which presumably would be during the SA portion of DA/SA, so perhaps it's not that different than a SA or SFA after all.

I'm late to the thread, but this is a very interesting and timely discussion to me. I think I might not be managing the LEM trigger correctly myself (But it has made shooting a Glock seem a lot easier by comparison.)
    ETA: I had to go do some dry fire while thinking about it to confirm, but it seems my natural instinct is to take out all the "slack" and then break the last bit. It was more obvious on the wall drill from extension, but it has a more negative impact on the press outs. I was to the breaking point too early and holding it, waiting for my sights so I could break the shot. Need to work on that.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 11-28-2011 at 01:28 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Clarification please

Todd G, JodyH, TCinVA and other professors of the LEM.

When you say a continus trigger pull do you mean you that once your finger starts moving to the rear it dosn't stop unitl the shot is broke? Or putting continus increasing presure on the trigger in which case you could imagine the trigger briefly stopping while your increasing pressure once near the break point (similar to a 1911 trigger in which once on the sear there is no trigger movement until all the needed pressure has been applied and all at once the shot breaks).

Thanks

I've never fired a LEM gun (I will remedy that one day) but I've got tons of DA revolver shooting time and the continuous "roll" to the break is how you shoot a K frame and yep by continuous, it means continuous; rolling till the shot breaks. It is extremely "intuitive" once you're doing it. You don't have the sense of the trigger staging to be ready to break as you do with a Glock and many other triggers. It just breaks deep into the roll. I say roll I guess thinking of spinning the revolvers cylinder perhaps but it will feel like rolling through the shot.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Serpico -- My finger is in continuous motion. When it reaches the final break point of the trigger, where the pull is hardest, the trigger may stop moving momentarily but my finger never stops.

Ok. And if your taking a low probability shot vs a high probability shot would you decrease the speed at which you pull the trigger?

Thanks

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Ok. And if your taking a low probability shot vs a high probability shot would you decrease the speed at which you pull the trigger?
    If it was enough of a low% target, yes.

Excellent info, thanks for the clarification! Thats going in my range book for my next range session.

User Tag List