Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuously humbled by LEM trigger.

I'll have a LEM at the PF.com Rogers class... and if I time my OCD just right I'll get an advanced Rogers rating and a FAST coin back to back.

GJM,

Did you ever have any of your LEM guns modified by Gray to reduce reset? Following other threads on this forum and others I know you are a very competent shot and have spent quite a bit of time using the LEM system, at your level a 40-50% reset reduction might help make the platform perform more to your liking.

I have come to the conclusion, at my level, more time and ammo on the system will pay more dividends than a reset reduction.

I haven't.

I felt, and I think shot, YVK's modified P30 at AFHF in UT, and didn't feel like it would make that much difference for me -- especially using the Rogers flip and press method. My average score was 35 points higher each day at Rogers with the M&P Pro with FSS, compared to the P30, so I take that as definitive for me. I shot a Gen 4 G17 today, with the now stock dot connector, and felt that was easier for me to shoot support hand only. I think the Glock having more roll in the trigger is an advantage one hand.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the Glock having more roll in the trigger is an advantage one hand.
    This is wisdom.

About 500 live rounds and a bunch of dry-fire since I started this thread and I can roll through a trigger pull without staging. Two-handed, all shots are on 3x5 at 25 feet at a moderate pace, and about 80+% with one handed at slow-moderate pace.

Problem is this is only from aimed ready. I am still pretty bad with accuracy from a press out. I can't quite understand this part 'cause I don't think I am staging, but I still push shots low - not as much, but low. More pressouts, I guess. I hope I am not ingraining some unrecognized error. I really want to take a next AFHF or LTT class for some supervised TDA/LEM instruction.

Another issue is that now I can't get how to shoot this pistol at slow pace. If continuous trigger motion is a requirement, then I need some speed to go through the break non-stop. If I go slow - like I did on Sweet Sixteen - I end up briefly stopping trigger movement at a break point. Is it OK as long as I continue to build constant pressure?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Another issue is that now I can't get how to shoot this pistol at slow pace. If continuous trigger motion is a requirement, then I need some speed to go through the break non-stop. If I go slow - like I did on Sweet Sixteen - I end up briefly stopping trigger movement at a break point. Is it OK as long as I continue to build constant pressure?
    I continue to build pressure, but only very slowly. If I completely stop the trigger movement, then I let off a bit and restart the press.

Finally making some progress shooting SHO and WHO or maybe I was just having a better day than usual. Todd suggested shooting walk back drills using 3”x5” card as a target, frankly I was struggling at the five yard mark keeping 50-60% inside the card at any reasonable speed. Today however I was able to keep 98% inside the card as quickly as the front sight would settle. WHO is still lagging behind at closer to 50% but I am seeing definite improvement over the last several weeks. Have to admit I was getting more than a little annoyed at the lack of progress but maybe things are turning around.

I am getting to the point where my little mind may be able to justify sending this gun away to Gray for a trigger job.

please explain

I haven't.

I felt, and I think shot, YVK's modified P30 at AFHF in UT, and didn't feel like it would make that much difference for me -- especially using the Rogers flip and press method. My average score was 35 points higher each day at Rogers with the M&P Pro with FSS, compared to the P30, so I take that as definitive for me. I shot a Gen 4 G17 today, with the now stock dot connector, and felt that was easier for me to shoot support hand only. I think the Glock having more roll in the trigger is an advantage one hand.
    This may be a dumb question, but what is the Rogers flip and press method???

Follow through with your sights and trigger after your shot, and rather than try to ride the reset out, quickly flip your finger forward off the trigger to or towards the trigger guard, and press again.

Follow through with your sights and trigger after your shot, and rather than try to ride the reset out, quickly flip your finger forward off the trigger to or towards the trigger guard, and press again.
    In my experience it leads to trigger slapping rather than trigger pressing and is a sub-optimal way to shoot the LEM.
    I prefer the middle ground between riding the reset and flipping.
    I quickly let the trigger out past reset but try to never lose finger contact with the trigger.

User Tag List