Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos of New Aimpoint Nano MRDS Leaked

Site Supporter

Photos of New Aimpoint Nano MRDS Leaked

Recoil magazine has published photos of a mini red dot sight mounted on a new firearm from the Swiss firm B & T.

The MRDS is supposed to be the new aimpoint Nano, the long anticipated aim point entry into the pistol mounted red dot market.

The photos are from a feature on the new B&T gun Buy a French tactical gear website.

http://www.recoilweb.com/images-of-n...ed-102317.html

Default beat you to it in RDS thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Best pictures I have seen of the new Aimpoint Nano:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...many-pictures/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's about time that Aimpoint started innovating.
    #RESIST

And the winner for ugliest gun of 2017 is...
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Looks like the current mounting base of the Nano is a section of Picatinny rail. I suppose some pistol slides could be machined to Picatinny spec. I wonder if the Aimpoint Nano is going to be nano enough to direct mount to a pistol slide...

Played with it at Shot Show. I believe it is a 3-3.5MOA dot. Seemed all right, but it is fairly large. B&T told me that Aimpoint contractually cannot release the optic until they have fulfilled their order with B&T. That could be shot show floor BS for all I know, but it seemed logical enough. Those who got to shoot the USW seemed to be fairly happy with the optic. Now, the gun itself was...different. I cant give a fair assessment as I havent shot it. It is a Sphinx that has been reworked. With the Optic mount being fixed I found slide manipulations very difficult. The stock is tiny and uncomfortable if you have long arms.The shining star though was that the holster for the whole package was actually not nearly as clunky as you'd expect. Overall, It'll be cool to see if the Aimpoint Nano is released once the order is fulfilled.

Site Supporter
    There is no order of Nanos being filled before sight release to the public. That "order being filled" issue has to do with another Aimpoint sight that is being manufactured and delivered to a Federal customer before public release. Hopefully, by NRA Show time, both issues will become clearer.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    There is no order of Nanos being filled before sight release to the public. That "order being filled" issue has to do with another Aimpoint sight that is being manufactured and delivered to a Federal customer before public release. Hopefully, by NRA Show time, both issues will become clearer.
    That's the one I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I honestly hope they all have it wrong. The optic looks pretty bulky for something that many will want to conceal for EDC. Hopefully when it's released to general public they trim it down some. Maybe if the pic rail interface disappeared it would lower it a bit. Will need to reserve final judgement till we see the production units.

User Tag List