Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC1: Buyer beware

So in a nutshell:

You purchased a product from an industry leader, and it began having issues.

You made youtube videos badmouthing the company.

THEN you called customer service, and they responded within 24 hours.

You sent it in for repair. They could not find a problem during a function check, and they sent it back.

Then more social media videos badmouthing a product that failed, even though the company ran a diagnostic test on it, and it worked for them.

Now, after/in spite of all the badmouthing on social media, Surefire again responds and tells you they will make sure you are taken care of, to the point of replacing the light.

Even after you are told that your product will be replaced, you still continue to badmouth them on social media.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Stay Classy.

On second thought, let's not drag this down.

Light was faulty, 4-5 week turnaround to have the same faulty light returned without a repair being attempted, currently waiting for a shipping label to I can mail it back and wait for a replacement that hopefully works.

Videos were to demonstrate what the light does, a video is far more descriptive than text.
    Last edited by Steaz; 06-29-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Almost forgot, I only took today's videos because somebody requested to see a video of the light not on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Could I see a video of the malfunction of the light when it is not on the gun?

Meh.

Surefire is busy because they are the best.

Things happen slower when people are busy.

I smashed an X-300 apart because I'm dumb and it was replaced with an X-300U in a few days.

I've repeatedly broken a Pen III and it's always been fixed. Sometimes in a few days. Sometimes in a couple weeks.

I've called and been on hold for an hour or had my call taken immediately.

Surefire's world does not revolve around my one weapon light, four flashlights, and one pen.

Yet, I've always, without exception, been taken care of without spending a single dollar past the purchase price. This absolutely satisfies my requirements as a customer, and I sincerely wish every company that took my dollars behaved as Surefire does.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I recently had two interactions with Surefire CS... One was regarding my noob questions while trying to clean a crap ton of carbon off of an X300U-B and the other was for a overly sensitive switch out of the box on a second unit. There was some hold time and phone/email tag involved but they took care of me. I had a replacement switch inside of a week and they patiently guided me through the cleaning issue.

That said, CS people are human and mistakes do happen.... it is a stressful job and the ball gets dropped sometimes. Is it really helping anything to get bent about it? I've always found it more beneficial to apply polite and patient persistence until I was satisfied.

But, hey... maybe that's just me.

Charlie Zulu Papa dash ought seven
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I can understand your consternation, but you have to realize that your video titles aren't doing you any favors.

I kind of didn't think about the video titles/forgot about the video titles altogether. I altered them slightly, you are correct.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGholsters View Post
    I shot an email off to one of my contact there and included a link to this post. Maybe it will help who knows.
    -Will
    Will, good to see that you are posting other stuff besides strictly MTG-related posts. We've got a special thing going here on this forum, and we all want to keep it that way.

My personal feedback to you is as a new forum member you are doing too many MTG posts. We have a minimum of 4 extremely highly regarded holster makers on this forum. I just went and looked at their histories; at a glance it looks like they have all done just a couple of posts each (or less) in the last 6 months where they were trumpeting their goods. All the rest of their posts have been on other subjects, or in reply to questions asked of them or comments (compliments) directed to them. If they were all generating as many product posts as you, I would quickly get tired of all those posts.

I would have much rather seen you join, do maybe one or two initial product posts, and then add value to the forum with non-product posts for a few weeks before posting other product updates. I realized I was starting to get irritated by your posts, and thought I should say something since if I'm getting updated maybe others are also and aren't saying anything. At least with me, this number of posts is being counter-productive. If you are trying to keep your brand out in front of people, maybe you could consider a blog instead of all these posts. I know I could always put you on "ignore" but I really don't want to do that; I want to learn from you and see what you have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Will, good to see that you are posting other stuff besides strictly MTG-related posts. We've got a special thing going here on this forum, and we all want to keep it that way.

My personal feedback to you is as a new forum member you are doing too many MTG posts. We have a minimum of 4 extremely highly regarded holster makers on this forum. I just went and looked at their histories; at a glance it looks like they have all done just a couple of posts each (or less) in the last 6 months where they were trumpeting their goods. All the rest of their posts have been on other subjects, or in reply to questions asked of them or comments (compliments) directed to them. If they were all generating as many product posts as you, I would quickly get tired of all those posts.

I would have much rather seen you join, do maybe one or two initial product posts, and then add value to the forum with non-product posts for a few weeks before posting other product updates. I realized I was starting to get irritated by your posts, and thought I should say something since if I'm getting updated maybe others are also and aren't saying anything. At least with me, this number of posts is being counter-productive. If you are trying to keep your brand out in front of people, maybe you could consider a blog instead of all these posts. I know I could always put you on "ignore" but I really don't want to do that; I want to learn from you and see what you have to offer.
    I agree with the sentiments, but they might be a paying sponsor or something. If so, then that type of money keeps P-F going...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    I agree with the sentiments, but they might be a paying sponsor or something. If so, then that type of money keeps P-F going...
    Oh I'm sure they are a paying sponsor. And I'm glad to see them aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Point taken. I have sent a request to Tom requesting a refund and removal. Thanks for the feedback. Im a little disappointed as most of my post have centered around defending MTG Holster's quality etc. from another manufacture.
    Thanks,
    Will

User Tag List