Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Surefire XC1: Buyer beware

Liking the looks of this one too. http://www.opticsplanet.com/inforce-...tol-light.html

Guess we just have to wait and see what the holster makers will do. I think a single 123 cell makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Looks like it has more promise than what's out now. Looks like we'll need to see how they work.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

So far my xc1 is down with 2 strikes. Had it for about 2 months, first problem was the the toggle switch not working. They sent a new one pretty quickly. Now it just seems to burn out without any use, and the switch isn't being hit or turned on in any way. Sent it back this week for a replacement. Will give it one more chance (3rd strike) and it will be gone. I'd likely try the new apl, actually have the second gen and it's been good. I'll give Surefire one more chance to perform, hoping maybe I just had a lemon and the new one will work as intended. Figures as soon as I get a holster made from JMC it stops working. Hopefully Tony will start making his aiwb cut for the new apl soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    So far my xc1 is down with 2 strikes. Had it for about 2 months, first problem was the the toggle switch not working. They sent a new one pretty quickly. Now it just seems to burn out without any use, and the switch isn't being hit or turned on in any way. Sent it back this week for a replacement. Will give it one more chance (3rd strike) and it will be gone. I'd likely try the new apl, actually have the second gen and it's been good. I'll give Surefire one more chance to perform, hoping maybe I just had a lemon and the new one will work as intended. Figures as soon as I get a holster made from JMC it stops working. Hopefully Tony will start making his aiwb cut for the new apl soon.
    We can make them for the APL, email me the specs and I can quote it. If you don't have the XC1 holster yet (or if you just got it), let me know and we can switch it to the APL. We have one of the new APL lights on the way as well.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We can make them for the APL, email me the specs and I can quote it. If you don't have the XC1 holster yet (or if you just got it), let me know and we can switch it to the APL. We have one of the new APL lights on the way as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Tony, had a feeling you might respond quickly. Surefire said it may take 2-4 weeks to get me a new one and I'll give them a shot to fix it. You made me a holster for the xc1 and I already have it, so I'll likely wait until they do that before I move to option B which would be the apl and new holster for it. I'll keep posted. Thanks again as always.

User Tag List