Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Speed Loader

Question Favorite Speed Loader

I've got a S&W 686 (six shot) and a Taurus Mod 66 (seven shot) revolver.
    Been thinking about getting a Speed Loader for one or both and just wondering
    if there's a much preferred brand?

Safariland comp iii if concealment isn't a huge issue (for the 686)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

The Safariland Comp II and Comp I also, as available. The Safarilands aren't as sensitive to ammo type as the HKS. A little more complicated, but work well generally.

They should all be considered consumables. You mention "speed loader" in the singular. Get several, when you decide you like them, or which one you like best, get a bunch more, theyll keep forever at room temperature.

My vote is Safariland hands down. I use the Comp III's for competition and Comp II's for carry. I especially like the flutes on top of the comp II's that allow me to index the speedloader so I can easily do a reload without looking down to charge the cylinder (fore finger of the right hand on the speedloader flute and the thumb of the left hand is in the flute of the cylinder. Tip of the forefinger drives to meet the tip of the thumb. Very similar concept to holding your magazine with the tip of the forefinger on the nose of the bullet which allows you to find the magazine well without looking.).

That said I issue the HKS speedload to the rank and file who could care less about training. They hold up better and are easier to use.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Preferred? SL Variants. Fast man. $$$$$
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Preferred? SL Variants. Fast man. $$$$$
    No longer made or imported unfortunately.

I am liking the five star firearms over all now. A quick phone call and they will make them clockwise release like HKS

Safariland Comp 2.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I like Jetloaders and Safariland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some safariland comp I and comp II as well as some HKS, all fine. I have noticed that occasionally a round or two might pop out of the Comp's if I let them bang around enough but I don't think it's ever happened while I was actually wearing them in a holder on my belt. A good, stiff, speed-loader pouch in also important.

Thanks guys; knew I'd get good & experienced recommendations from you guys. I started to buy some HKSs (Midway has them on sale right now). But the last time I got serious about buying some, I thought I recalled reading somewhere, there might be better choices than HKS - so I put the purchase on hold. After reviewing some YouTube videos, I leaning toward the Safariland. Yeah, the SL Variants are hard to get hold of and they're probably a little too rich for me anyway. I'll take a look at the last couple suggestions for good measure before I place an order. Again, thanks guys!

Sent from my Apple thang.

User Tag List