Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 3 work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC

I dont understand why some of those top cocking serrations are under the rear sight? What's the point of having them there?

Glock 19 gen 3 work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I dont understand why some of those top cocking serrations are under the rear sight? What's the point of having them there?
    Just because they're under those sights doesn't mean they will be under every set of sights.

JR1572
    Last edited by JR1572; 12-08-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Just because they're under those sights doesn't mean they will be under every set of sights.

JR1572
    Ummm... right!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    If another sights don't extend past the dovetail, then there will be more serrations available and not look like a hack job. Stopping at a random distance to make it work for the current sights might look 'better', but if Jay changes sights, it'll look like poop.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    If another sights don't extend past the dovetail, then there will be more serrations available and not look like a hack job. Stopping at a random distance to make it work for the current sights might look 'better', but if Jay changes sights, it'll look like poop.
    No poop!

I completed my experiment with the TruGlo sights. There are many pros to them, but ultimately I felt that they artificially limited me. I have more capability than the sights facilitate. At least for now. Mainly due to their excessive width. They are very good for encounter range/A Zone shots, but they are limiting for precision/distance.

Because I had them laying around, I installed Ameriglo square orange night sights on the front with amber square notch two dots on the rear. Well I don’t like orange. I hate orange. In bright direct sunlight orange is good, but the sudden sharp change in visibility in even a little bit of shade is jarring to me.

I switched to a thin Lumigreen circle on the front. This combination satisfies me. I’m going to test them in a training environment this weekend. I very much prefer the square notch rear to the U notch rear. I know that goes against many current opinions, but that’s how it is for me.

I also put a Magpul funnel on the thing. I like how it interacts with my grip. I’m not sure if it actually speeds up my reloads or not. I found out that one needs to carefully check 15 round magazines, because many will not lock in with the funnel installed.

Pictured with a similarly arrayed Gen 4:

Name:  3929ECF3-9A64-4B1C-93F6-A268A69F0DFA.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  FC107563-433D-4CC0-9E06-92C530F472C2.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  C6B2B089-4F6B-4ECE-9D11-FE8D6CA10E72.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  32.8 KB

edited to add: I also switched to extended factory slide catch. These are the way to go for me, no comparison.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 08-29-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I installed Ameriglo square orange night sights on the front with amber square notch two dots on the rear. Well I don’t like orange. I hate orange. In bright direct sunlight orange is good, but the sudden sharp change in visibility in even a little bit of shade is jarring to me.

I switched to a thin Lumigreen circle on the front. This combination satisfies me. I’m going to test them in a training environment this weekend. I very much prefer the square notch rear to the U notch rear. I know that goes against many current opinions, but that’s how it is for me.

I also put a Magpul funnel on the thing. I like how it interacts with my grip. I’m not sure if it actually speeds up my reloads or not. I found out that one needs to carefully check 15 round magazines, because many will not lock in with the funnel installed.
    Those sights look like the ticket.

I, too, like how the Magpul magwell interacts with my grip, and it also helps with overall concealment for my 17.3, since it's the magazine corner rather than the grip itself that can sometimes print. But I got rid of mine when I found that my OEM Glock mags would not reliably seat/lock, even with a more aggressive feeding action.

I had a good chance to evaluate the sights. They are perfect for me. The mag funnels were just fine too. I think I’m going to ditch the polished NY1 and go with the Vogel trigger in the Gen 3.

Do you notice any measurable difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4? What’s your personal preference between the two?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I had a good chance to evaluate the sights. They are perfect for me. The mag funnels were just fine too. I think I’m going to ditch the polished NY1 and go with the Vogel trigger in the Gen 3.
    I apologize if I missed it, but what make and model of the rear sights did you go with? I also prefer square notches and green fronts vs orange. Also, I'm assuming by thin fronts, you're saying you went with .125 width? I think that's the thinnest Lumigreen tritium front they make? TIA

User Tag List