Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 3 work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Very clean looking. Nice!
    I'm pleased at how it turned out. The big variable are the sights, but that has nothing to do with F4E.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I like the slide work. I am not a fan of the stippling though.
    They offer several other types of stippling.

I like that. I'll have to contact them after I've finished my EBR panic buying.

Glock 19 gen 3 work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC

I've finally had the opportunity to run this gun enough to be able to get a feel for it.

Changes I made since the initial post were to add a Gadget and to swap out the TruGlo TFX rear sight with the TFX PRO model.

It pissed down rain on me yesterday at the range but the stippling did its thing well. The sights were the big experiment, but I felt remarkably confident with them all day in diverse lighting conditions.

Would I choose them for a 25 yard bullseye competition? Likely not. But standard quarter scale steel targets at 25 yards were quite easy to hit.

The trigger provides great feedback and is truly a rolling break where constant pressure results in constant trigger speed.

I also worked some SHO stuff and the TFX PRO rear sight with the F4E serrations worked great for single hand manipulations.

And it's reliable with strong ejection!

I'm very happy with this gun!

Edited to add: I'll post a pic later to show the difference between the TFX and TFX PRO rear sights for those interested in such things.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 10-31-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I've finally had the opportunity to run this gun enough to be able to get a feel for it.

Changes I made since the initial post were to add a Gadget and to swap out the TruGlo TFX rear sight with the TFX PRO model.

It pissed down rain on me yesterday at the range but the stippling did its thing well. The sights were the big experiment, but I felt remarkably confident with them all day in diverse lighting conditions.

Would I choose them for a 25 yard bullseye competition? Likely not. But standard quarter scale steel targets at 25 yards were quite easy to hit.

The trigger provides great feedback and is truly a rolling break where constant pressure results in constant trigger speed.

I also worked some SHO stuff and the TFX PRO rear sight with the F4E serrations worked great for single hand manipulations.

And it's reliable with strong ejection!

I'm very happy with this gun!

Edited to add: I'll post a pic later to show the difference between the TFX and TFX PRO rear sights for those interested in such things.
    Thank you, I've been interested on trying the TFX, but like you I'm also wanting to try a blacked out rear sight, and am unsure what my options are for matching up to a TFX front (thus far I've only had experience with 3 dot tritium sights). Look forward to your pics and thoughts on the sights, as well as anyone else that cares to weigh in on the subject. Very nice gun too!

I really like that.

I like my front cocking serrations just a bit further back, personally. I LOVE that small patch of top slide serrations. That is perfect.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably have the front serrations a bit further to the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    If I had to do it all over again I'd probably have the front serrations a bit further to the rear.
    I've never been able to understand why they put the cocking serrations so far to the front of the muzzle. Everyone does it so I just always assumed it was me.
    i used to wannabe

My rear sight and cocking serrations showing evidence of doing their job. One-handed malfunction clearance and reloads made easy, even in mud and rain.

^^Awesome pic, Jay. I am considering them for some work.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-04-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List