Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Left handed bolt-action rifles

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Similar concept -- my wife hunts with a fixed four power Leupold scope on her .300 Win Mag,.270 Weatherby and .308, and it hasn't held her back from harvesting game for the last twenty years. She likes the long eye relief, light weight, compact size and simplicity.
    Your wife has the vision of a falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Your wife has the vision of a falcon.
    Liar.

She married GJM, didn't she? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Cheap rings and a $40 Tasco is definitely not what I would be running with. Thanks for the heads up on the Talley 1 piece mounts, I'll look into those.

In all honesty I was thinking about starting out with a Leupold VX-2 2-7x 33mm. Possibly a 3-9x40mm, but not sure if I really need that much magnification. But definitely wasn't going to skimp out too much on glass. Not sure if I really NEED an illuminated reticle. Not sure if I really NEED any glass that is fancier than that. Obviously I can upgrade to something better later, but it'd be better than the Nikon "package" scopes that come on some Savages and better than a super cheap Tasco.

I can always save up for a NF or similar later when I have the extra funds. But for the time being, this I think, would function well enough for what I would need it to do.
    For years my go-to hunting scope has been a Leupold VX3 (now the VX-3i) 2.5-8X36 with a custom-shop reticle. You can get the scope and reticle from the Leupold Custom Shop for $440. Chrono your favorite hunting load and fill out the online order form; takes 4 weeks. Hard to beat for the money.

Obviously, her near-vision isn't very good.
    Last edited by SteveB; 07-05-2016 at 06:32 PM.

I am crying foul, I am being trolled in multiple threads. Where is a mod when you need one. SeanM can easily defend himself, where I really need help.

The funny thing is I have been sprinkling SLG trolls in various threads all weekend, and this is his first attempt at retaliation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am crying foul, I am being trolled in multiple threads. Where is a mod when you need one. SeanM can easily defend himself, where I really need help.

The funny thing is I have been sprinkling SLG trolls in various threads all weekend, and this is his first attempt at retaliation.
    I must have missed them, been busy with the parental units.

...SLG trolls...
    Are they like garden gnomes?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I must have missed them, been busy with the parental units.
    I sure enjoyed them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've used 2-7x Leupolds, but my favorites were 1.5-5x and 1.75-6x VX3's, which are sadly no longer made. If you're on a glass budget and want Leupold, buy used. Leupold will fix them if need be and you save money.
    So you used them, but does that mean you liked them at all or thought they were trash?

User Tag List