Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 170: 99 Drill

Bag of suck.

P320 in uspsa production gear. Target was a 3x5. Maybe next time I'll use 4 3x5's..

So this drill sounds easy lol
    This is the first time EVER that I got ANY type of match pressure in practice. I wanted to clean it so bad. At the end of the first string I had some adrenaline and a little bit of shakes! The three misses was the last string! Jerked all three shots

I feel like the par times are very generous (and yet I still failed miserably)
    First string were basically all under 2.0
    Second string were all 3-3.4 trying not to rush
    Third string were all high 2's
    Fourth string were all mid 3's.
    I'm not good with par times and I was rushing baaad.

EDIT: just saw that these par times were from concealed. Whoops.

Pictures in order of strings:

Last edited by Luke; 07-02-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Used a Glock 23 w/9mm conversion, vest and a Safariland ALS holster
    Target was a 3x5 card
    Score: Not gonna say. Let us just leave it at I did substantially worse than the first time we did this so basically wasted 99 rounds today
    Things I noticed: I guess they were not really wasted rounds. I usd the pistol I thought was most reliable and the holster I trustd most. I had a devil of a time with the draw, kept getting tangled in the cover garment and the stock Glock beavertail insert. Also forvthe first time with this pistol the trigger kept locking up on the safety. In other words I did not get the safety dpressed before pressing the trigger. The trigger on this pistol is bone stock. I have had this on a couple other Glocks. The trigger safety tab had little raisd sections on the tab that helped keep it from depressing fully. Once those bumps were smoothed off everything worked fine. This trigger tab does not have the bumps so not sure what is going on. Bottom line is I am very very happy to have found these problems on the range and not on "da streets".

Used this as my practice session at the range early in the morning after my night shift on 7/8/16.

Used a Gen4 G19 in a Blade-Tec Phantom IWB holster concealed by a vest.

Target: 3X5 index card

String 1: 21 hits
    String 2: 27 hits
    String 3: 22 hits
    String 4: 5 hits

Total: 75 hits

This is what I gathered from the day: the first string allowed me to warm up, on the second string I made good use of the par time, however on the third and fourth strings I unnecessarily pushed my speed.

Site Supporter
    Very good drill that kicked my butt on the 3x5 cards!

G4G19, Fricke holsters, appendix, and cover t-shirt. Apparently, this pistol also has a very nice big orange front sight, although I forgot about it several times. I could hear Tom Givens yelling at me

Targets were four 3x5 cards.

String 1: 20/30
    String 2: 21/30
    String 3: 22/30
    String 4: 6/9

Total: 69/99

Equipment used
    Glock 34 JMCK AWIB concealed under t shirt.

String1 16/30
    String2 18/30
    String3 17/30
    String4 4/9
    Total 55/90

Par times still to fast fro me now usually I would only get off two shots under par time.
    Flubbed several reloads to kill me on string 2, I need to start hitting those hard again.
    I started looking over my sights on string 3 and had to correct that quickly.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  38.1 KB

User Tag List