Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroin Overdose Epidemic - what is your perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Definitely keep it stored at room temp. When properly cared for, the shelf life should be approx 18-24 months (Evzio brand injectors say 24m).

Relevant:

10 percent revived by Narcan in Mass. died within year, study say

Not surprising...
    The Evzio we bought had exactly one year left on it. We have to buy more before January 2018.

Site Supporter
    I'm ignorant of Narcan. Can a person be given too much? An example might be the beat cop giving one dose. He has to leave the scene, and medics arrive and administer a second dose.

Truly hilarious how LONG this issue has been ignored, all the while the anti-gunners are having a field day over those evil black rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I'm ignorant of Narcan. Can a person be given too much? An example might be the beat cop giving one dose. He has to leave the scene, and medics arrive and administer a second dose.
    Yes, but you would have to try hard to screw up.

Multiple doses are common, and with current opioids, required for an effect.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    10 percent revived by Narcan in Mass. died within year, study says

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201..._campaign=8315
    Last edited by HCM; 11-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Ohio paramedic overdoses after treating OD patient | Dayton News
    Details are unclear, but it seems that not only the paramedic, but several hospital staff were also affected.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    So Facebook harassses gun groups but a junkie page called "We are Heroin Hunnish" is ok ?

Name:  IMG_2250.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  28.2 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 11-17-2017 at 02:19 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So Facebook harassses gun groups but a junkie page called "We are Heroin Hunnish" is ok ?

Name:  IMG_2250.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  28.2 KB
    I wouldn't be surprised if it got taken down sooner than later.

Counterfeit opioid pills are tricking users — sometimes with lethal results

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Depending on the opioid used a second dose may be needed anyways. Like epinephrine and anaphylaxis.

There can be side effects from naloxone but that has more to do with an individual person and not an overdose(think more along the lines as an allergic reaction but it may not be a true allergy)

Just remember that it doesn't work for benzos and giving someone naloxone just because they are unresponsive may not do anything.

In my state (ill-annoy), a law was passed that we cannot prosecute junkies for the heroin found at the scene of an overdose. Since junkies are truly the brightest folk they have taken that to mean any heroin, period. ....even if they drag it to the hospital in their butts and then pull it out of their butt to use at the hospital ER bathroom where they were brought in just 45 minutes earlier for an overdose. I had one snotty bitch tell me that her paraphernalia and small amount of heroin which was found in her stuff by hospital staff at the hospital fell under this new law. (It doesn't ...but she can find that out when I get the warrant signed!)

As long as the hypes keep thinking there is no consequence for their actions, we are gonna keep narcan-ing them. That day with the snotty bitch, she was the 4th or 5th OD in that ER for that shift-and I'm NOT in a major municipality.

User Tag List