Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroin Overdose Epidemic - what is your perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Man ODs Sitting In Court, Revived By Quick-Thinking Officers

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/...ting-in-court/
    The amount of people that show up in court that are under the influence is very high. If you've ever seen a public defender kick a defendant to have them wake up or answer, "snapping out of it" then you know what I am talking about.

It is a treat, though, sometimes to see someone who is clearly under the influence testify.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The amount of people that show up in court that are under the influence is very high. If you've ever seen a public defender kick a defendant to have them wake up or answer, "snapping out of it" then you know what I am talking about.

It is a treat, though, sometimes to see someone who is clearly under the influence testify.
    I have State and county court, federal court not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have State and county court, federal court not so much.
    Federal they actually take things seriously (from what I've seen). Local, definitely not so much.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Our newly released local stats show how quickly the problem has escalated. At the beginning of the year I predicted 2000 overdoses for 2017. It's going to be close, and realistically with the number of people being narcanned by their friends now this number is probably a little low.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rece...a26c982dd.html

HUNTINGTON — Cabell County has set a single-year record for overdoses with 129 days left in 2017.

As of Thursday, 1,250 overdoses had been reported in the county since Jan. 1, surpassing 2016’s full-year total of 1,217 overdoses, the record for a single year prior to this week.

Cabell County has averaged 5.3 overdoses per day in 2017 and is on pace for approximately 1,934 overdoses by the end of the year, likely doubling 2015’s then-record overdose total of more than 900, and more than seven times the 2014 total of 272 overdoses. At the 2017 pace, overdoses exceed the 2014 totals approximately every eight weeks.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    My city just released numbers indicating an identical trend. Same number so far this year as all of last year.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I have a relatively small zone but it has always been infested with dope and hookers.

We are seeing a huge uptick in OD calls. Lots of fentanyl related ODs.

Dropping like flies here in paradise.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I have a relatively small zone but it has always been infested with dope and hookers.

We are seeing a huge uptick in OD calls. Lots of fentanyl related ODs.

Dropping like flies here in paradise.
    Expect the trend to continue.... we just had a big recent uptick here in the Denver area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Expect the trend to continue.... we just had a big recent uptick here in the Denver area as well.
    My department is woefully weak at issuing us protective gloves. I keep reading of contamination so I guess I'll be spending my own coin on some good gloves soon.

Just one more thing to watch out for. I'm at saturation level for watching out for things that will kill me.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    My department is woefully weak at issuing us protective gloves. I keep reading of contamination so I guess I'll be spending my own coin on some good gloves soon.

Just one more thing to watch out for. I'm at saturation level for watching out for things that will kill me.
    Highly recommend gloves like this or similar:

https://www.amazon.com/AMMEX-GPNB461...e+gloves+thick

At least 5mil thick; 6-7 is better.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Premium...e+gloves+thick

Site Supporter
    While we are on the subject of transcutaneous absorption of toxic things: The use of Purell and other isopropyl alcohol based hand sanitizer is pretty wide spread. Many officers routinely use the stuff after every call as traditional soap and water is not always available. Is there a danger to this? If an officer was accidentally contaminated with for example a opiate, could the alcohol facilitate absorption creating a hazard? Nephrology, what do you think? I was wondering about this the other day but just got around to posting it now.

User Tag List